Sign in to follow this  

Control Keys Won't Work

Hi all,This question my have been asked and answered before, but I would like to know why the control keys wont work. For instance, when I press 1 for the weather briefing, nothing happens. The same when I press 0 for Main Menu. Nothing happens when I press any of the keys. Anyone have any suggestions?Jeffrey

did you change any of the key assignments on the options/keyboard screen?does fs200x have "focus" when you press the keys? some people have advdisp running in a windows window, and advdisp has focus. in that case no keys are going to fs200x.what happens when you press ctrl-shift-p for instance?maybe another fs add on has the number used up

Thanx for the response. I don't think I know what "focus" is. I'll try the ctrl-shift-p option right now. As for another fs add-on goes, the only add-ons I have are a couple of Simflyers sceneries and thats it; unless you count the numerous aircraft but I don't think any of them use the key controls I'll double check.-Jeffrey

Are you using the number keys at the top of the keyboard?LVP (KCVG)

Yep using the number keys at the top and on the key pad. Also I tried using the ctrl-shift-p combination and that didnt't work either.-Jeffrey

"focus" means that fs2002 is the active window. is advdisp "docked" on a panel, or running as a "window"?

when you are pressing the keys as input for radar contact, is the advdisp window the active window, or is fs2002 the active window?keys can only be used for input when the fs2002 windows is active

OK I'll try that; see I thought that the AdvDisp window had to be the active window.

>advdisp should really be dockedWhy the "really"? I often have it undocked and this doesn't seem to cause any problems.

OK now we're geting somewhere. But yet another problem; now that the control keys work now, I only hear ATC after I press the Alt key on my keyboard. For instance, when I request a rwy, I won't hear anything unless I press Alt. Is that normal?

Hmm. Good question, I think I just have a generic sound card. I'll have to find the box and see.