Sign in to follow this  
jd

3.01 has a problem - post it here

HelloI have just downloaded the new version 3.01. I get the "runtime error 62" when trying to start the program. I have unzipped it to my RCV directory, I have also tried to download it again. Nothing helps. I have tried to use the "/realtime" and other switches too. Any ideas please ?Regards

62 means reading past the end of file. what other files have you modified? aircraft.dat? a.txt? r.txt? rcv3.dat?does the original rcv3.exe still work?

Hi JD.To the best of my knowledge, I have not modified any files. The original rcv3.exe does work ok...By the way, the rcv3b.exe does work ok too.RegardsAlex

Hi againTried downlaoding again, no luck. Remembered that I had a blue screen and because of that could not end rcv correct the last time I was flying. Opened the old working rcv 3.0 and ended it correct. ALL WORKS FINE with the new rcv3.01 now. On with the flying ;-))Alex

Guest Skywalker

As soon as I check for ATIS when starting RCV3.01 FS freezes 3 minutes later. Surprisingly this doesn't happen when skipping ATIS and selecting -2- for Departure directly. I am running RC's latest build and latest version of FSUIPC on "realtime". Any workaround??Thank you!Sam

drop it down to /high and see if that makes a difference. also, there are no other add-ons running? fdc? activesky? fsmeteo? fsnavigator? flightmax? nothing. just rc and fs?

Guest Skywalker

Thank you for the prompt reply.Right, made sure to have no other addons running. Clean FS (on LOW or NORMAL priority) and RC (now changed to HIGH). FS still quits after listening 2 minutes to ATIS. I found another thread discussing the same issue. It says that I would have to move over to Departure immediately after listening ATIS just once. True, FS wouldn't restart then. There seems to be problem, if I have ATIS playing for longer...

Successfully downloaded and installed the new aircraft.dat file into RC3.01.All is well, and I hear the new callsigns, such as "Cactus", "Jet Blue", etc.Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Tried V3.01 today (build of Feb 04), with tutorial #1 KDSM-KORD.Somewhere in the middle of pre-flight preparations, FS2002 froze with message 'FS2002 has a problem ...'. Upon pressing Alt-Tab, it seems there was a second instance of FS2002 started (???), but none of them, nor RCV3(.01), was responding any more.New attempt after restart of Windows, similar result. I can't pinpoint any specific action, but think I was just trying to open the radios or GPS window ...I then restored V3.00, and everything seems to work OK.My system : PIII 500, 512 MB, Win 98SE (not too powerful, but I can fly !) I didn't use any priority flags.

were you running advdisp 2.0? fsuipc 2.96? nothing else running? (no fsmeteo/activesky/fdc/flightmax...)?

AdvDisp 2.00 and FSUIPC 2.96.Ran FSFlightKeeper in the first attempt, but left it out for the second one.

DrDickieMaybe somewhat out of topic but nevertheless:>(4) There is no Soutwest in FS2002. The callsign is >"Cactus". RC3 has no "Cactus" I can find. The Southwest callsign is southwest and not cactusCactus is the callsign for America West AirlinesRobert