Sign in to follow this  
jd

3.01 has a problem - post it here

Guest Scott Campbell

And if you click on "America West" and play the callsign audition, you hear "Cactus".Thanks Robert.

Glenpot1 a brand new user - I could not get the dock Advdisp to display in the top left corner of my screen. In addition, I was getting vectors opposite of the planned route. 180 degrees opposite.

i believe advdisp needs to be docked on a panel, not in the upper left hand cornerwhere were you getting vectors? departure, center, approach?did you miss any checkpoints?

Have just started to use RC v3.01.My system is a PIII 750 mz, 320 meg ram running win98SE with a G-Force4 graphics card with 64 meg ram.I did a flight from Vancouver, B.C. to Kelowna, B.C. using FS2002, RC & FS Metro. Flight level was 10000'. About 40 miles from destination I was told to drop down to 8000' at pilot's descretion. No problem, I waited until about 20 miles out, according to my flight plan. I requested an IAP to rwy 15 & was told to drop down to 2900'. Only problem is, 2900' will put me below ground level. ATC insisted that I decsend to 2900' even though ground level is around 5000 - 6000'. Am I doing something wrong or does ATC want to see me crash.

I've had similar problems. I get instructions to decend to an altitude that is unsafe/below the MEA. I get vectors that take me somewhere totally unrelated to the destination airport. And very often, the keyboard keys will stop responding. I can only clear the problem by fooling around with the joystick which is becoming annoying. I'm using the default FS2002 flight planner. Is that a problem?

post the plan here. i don't know what the mea is, i can only guess. if you are flying into an airport that is in a mountainous area, check the box marked notams. you will be given freedom to descend at your discretion.keys not responding/fixed by playing around with the joystick - not sure i can help you there. something else going on i'm guessing.vectors may not look appropriate, but they are either downwind, base, intercept, final -or- base, intercept, final - depending on the angle of approach to the runway chosen.fs2002 planner is fine. post the plan (.pln) file here, and let's take a look.

Hi,I've been having the same problem with regards to the Radar Contact ATIS causing FS2002 to lock up if played for too long. The easiest way I have found round this is to check the weather prior to loading Radar Contact.On another point, since installing RCv3.01 I no longer seem to have the 250 knot relief when flying heavies? Any clues?I'm running FS2002Pro, FS Meteo, and RC v3.01 in realtime which makes the speech flow really well on my PC, any help would be much appreciated. I have tried flying heavies out using flexible departure procedures ticked and also without in case there was any connection with that but I just never get the 250kt relief option on the adv display window.Thanks,Steve.

sure wish i could duplicate the atis loop hosing fs2002. i can play the atis for hours, with 0 problemswhat do you have your 250kt restriction altitude set for? that would be on the options formare you also checking "heavy" as the airplane type on the optins form?jd

JD,With regards to my 250kt restriction problem.On the Options page I have "Heavy" selected and 250kt relief is set at 100I am using RC Ver 3.01, FSUIPC 2.972, FS Meteo 5.2 and FS2002 Pro.After departure I am getting the following, this is just after take off from TJSJ. 10m/360/0 103m/305/0CS2-Altimeter CKCS4-EmergencyPrev CS8 Main CS0I have gone through all of the pages in the adv display window in case i'm looking on the wrong page but there is nothing there with regards to 250kt relief.Hope this may be of some help.Regards,Steve.

JD,Thanks, you know sometimes an individual can be really stupid without even trying. I always thought the 250kt relief option was set as Flight Levels on the option page and not in feet. Sure looks that way in the manual, or maybe things changed with 3.01!Now works just perfect.Thanks.Steve.

Guest Scott Campbell

Steve,Speed restriction altitude used to be in flight levels, but was changed in 3.01. ;-)Also, Transition Level settings are set to 0 when first using 3.01, and need to be reset when first running it. This is because the TL's are now carried over to the next time you use RC - unless you load a plan that has an associated rc3 file, in which case it uses those TL settings.

Guest hoohah

I've downloaded 3.01 a couple of times but it will not start on my system. It terminates immediately with : "The instruction at "0x77ec83c4" referenced memory at "0x00219000". The memory could not be "read"."The 3.00 works fine. I am running Win2k Pro (up-to-date). No other programs running (except reguired system level services of course).3.01 is located in the RCv3 install directory.The 3.01 exe has the following properties: File v -> 3.0.0.1727 Date (from Comments) -> December 22, 2002 Size -> 1,585,152 bytesFSUIPC.dll -> ver. 2.9.7.2AdvDisplay.dll -> ver. 2.0.1.0I'm still learning the ropes with v3; so I'm in no hurry to use a 3.01 beta yet.-T Edwin (hoo)

Guest Scott Campbell

Edwin,This probably has nothing to do with it, and JD will be able to help you better, but have you made sure all the "compatibility" check boxes (right-click the icon, properties) are unchecked?