Sign in to follow this  
jd

3.01 has a problem - post it here

Guest Lobaeux4

Does anyone else have a problem with WideFS not updating external proggies when you Alt-Tab out of FS2K2?Lobaeux

(1) The opening splash screen says priority is "normal" when I verified that it is set at "high" in task manager.(2) I use Project AI aircraft for my AI flights, etc. When RC3 alerts those aircraft to my presence, it calls them by very long phonetic names, such as "alpha bravo charlie delta echo" and so forth. This is very time consuming in the chatter and not realistic.Otherwise, seems to be working ok.Windows XP Home1.9 GHz Intel1 GB RDRAMVisionTex GeForce4 Ti 4600

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

1) are you using a batch file to start rc? if so, you don't need to. just the flag on the target line is sufficient.2) is it happening to you on all airline names, or just 1 or 2. however the ai traffic is identified in the fsuipc airborne traffic table is what we look up in the aircraft.dat file. if i don't find "ABCDE" in the aircraft.dat file, i call it out phonetically. but for instance "delta" would be called "delta"jd

(1) Yes, I am using a batch file pointed at RC3.01. I will try the flag method.(2) I don't know which airlines were being called. All of the PAI aircraft on my system use a name recognized by FS2002 ATC. Where is the aircraft.dat file you refer to; inside FS2002 or inside RC3?Thanks.

I have handchecked the airline listings in the aircraft.dat file inside RC3 with the airline.cfg file inside FS2002. The "atc_line" listing inside an aircraft.cfg file uses the FS2002 airline names. Here are the differences I found for the Project AI aircraft installed on my system. The PAI installer automatically puts the callsign into the aircraft.cfg file.(1) There is no British Airways in FS2002. The callsign is "Speed Bird". RC3 has no "Speed Bird" I can find.(2) There is no Icelandair in FS2002. The callsign is "Ice Air".(3) Jet Blue in FS2002 is spelled "Jet Blue" as opposed to your "JetBlue".(4) There is no Soutwest in FS2002. The callsign is "Cactus". RC3 has no "Cactus" I can find.I don't know if these difference account for my traffic being called by the long, phonetic name. I suspect that the callsigns I heard belonged to Southwest since I was flying Chicago-Cleveland-New York.I hope this helps. Thanks.

I changed my batch file to the command line format as suggested. I entered the following on my shortcut:"c:rcv30rcv3.exe" /highThis was exactly as listed in message from jdtllc.com.First, the quote marks disappeared when I clicked "apply". RC3.01 started just fine then, and the splash screen said priority "high". However, the task manager showed RC3 running as "normal".Am I doing something wrong?My OS is Win XP Home.Thanks.

I have tried all the command lines now: /high, /realtime, /low.(1) RC3.01 will not run on my system using /low. Wants to send an error message to Microsoft.(2) On /high and /realtime, the splash screen shows both correctly, but the task manager shows "normal" for both.My OS is Win XP Home.Thanks.

replace the contents of your aircraft.dat file with the contents of the file in this urllet me know if that works betterjd

Thanks for the file. I will try it out. I assume the aircraft.dat file can be opened and closed with notepad without causing any problems.

Installed 3.01 find using my initial batch file with 3.0 sound appears to be quicker then using Realtime High or low as suggested.One thing that did not change was the transition level it remained at 180 across the board.Did I not install 3.01 correctly. P.S. it did change from KP to the American Altimeter readings so I believe I have the correct program.Kenny G.CYXU

Guest A386

#1 No Report missed appr menuI missed Appr after Windsheer, contacted Runway with right Gear and broke it.While recovering on Runway heading I searched for the "Missed Appr" section in RC but it seems to be gone away as I contaced the Runway shortly.#2 No Response to Short-Final-Request after Missed Appr.After this Missed Appr I requested IAP ILS, but canceled this 2 minutes later and requested Vectors. Got vectors but they went too far away.So here I requested Short Final. But no response from RC.Again, requested Short Final. No response.I gueesd there might be an COM failure and canceled Vectores and requested VFA appr. No response.I continued the appr using charts with COM failure procedure and went down.

#1, once you are on the ground, albeit with one gear, the missed approach option is no longer an option.#2, not sure what the problem is. we've flown that scenario before without difficulty. if you want to try to duplicate the problem, and save me a dat file prior to you asking for a short final, after a missed approach, then an iap, then a vector, i'll try it here

I have downloaded the data file you pointed me to, and used it to create a new version of the aircraft.dat file in RC3.I keep getting an error that I am trying to read data past the end of the file. I tried deleting the last 10 records in the file, but got the same error. After that I doublechecked running the original file and it works ok.I guess the new .dat file is too big or contains a bug. Please advise.Thanks.