Sign in to follow this  

RC3

Well, I have RTFM, flown several tutorials and have concluded that RC3 needs much more work. The ATC chatter is arbitrary, too loose, not professional, not related to anything going on with the current flight. This is particularily true when taxiing out. RC3 doesn't have a clue as to what airport the FS is using. Using both FSATC and RC3 is, well, a cluge and not what a simulator should be. Getting radar vectors around "phantom" traffic is silly and not realistic. I have over 7000 hours in light single and multi-engine planes, about 5000 as CFI. I fly my own plane now, a homebuilt which is IFR and night capable. I don't any longer fly into the big $$$$ landing-fee terminals such as SFO, LAX, etc, so can't relate to that aspect as it is today. But going in and out of other airports service by commutor airlines (example MRY,FAT, etc, I know what the ATC system is like. RC3 isn't a good simulation. In short, RC needs work by pilots who fly in today's ATC environment and forget about the jazzed up chatter.

if you don't like the pre-recorded chatter (which is obviously not going to have anything to do with what is around you), then delete all the directories in winwood EXCEPT for 0 - 99. synthetic chatter, relating to what is going on will be generated on the fly.i think there is a number of places where we categorically say we don't "see" ground traffic. (that is changed in the 3.1 we're working on - in conjucntion with the new fsuipc that was just released).if you don't like vectors for traffic, then there is a slider to change that option to 0. but vectors for traffic enroute is normal, and you will never see the traffic you are being vectored for. at least if the controller is doing his job :-) that is what this is simulating.i'll let the pilots on the beta team know they have fallen down on the job :-)if you would like a refund, please send me an email.

I agree jd. Sometimes there is no other option. RC is the best and always will be.JimCYWG

Guest RobA

RC is still a work in progress. Witness the advancements from V2 to V3. Perfect? Maybe not. Impressive, very close and getting better? You bet. :-) Sorry it doesn't measure up to your expectations right now. Maybe a few option tweaks and fine tuning and you could enjoy this level of ATC in your FS. If not, come back when V4 is released some day and take a look at that.Best regards, Rob