Sign in to follow this  

loading high not working

I have been trying RCV3 with the various "flags" for start up priority and have found that it will not run at all with the "high" option.Just a bit of disk activity then nothing.Has anyone else found this?Or is it just me (again!)

works here. are you getting the splash screen? on the splash screen, lower left hand corner, it will tell you the priority it is running at.what os are you using?

Thank you for your reply.I am using XP Home with 640MB ram.Yes I have been noting the message on the splash screen, and it does say what priority I have chosen..low,(which takes forever to load), etc but when I try to use the "high" switch the splash screen does not appear at all,and it does not load.I tried using the original line for loading high ie: C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /C start /high g:fs2002rcv30rcv3.exe with the 3.01 version and although the splash screen says "normal" priority, taskmanager says it has indeed loaded High.For some reason the built-in switch is not working on my system.Any ideas?!

copy and paste the shortcut line here, and let me look at it.c:flightrcv3rcv3.exe /high works for mejd

Here is the shortcut line that causes brief disk activity...then nothing.G:FS2002rcv30rcv3.exe /highJohn A

Further to my last message...I started RCV3 with no priority switch and the splash screen correctly said "normal",I then opened taskmanager,right clicked on rcv3.exe and changed the priority to high.The program stayed open and ran with high priority after that.For some reason using the switch in the command line doesnt work.John A

More info..I copied my RCV3 folder to my c: drive in a folder called flight, and set the shortcut up as per your previous message iec:flightrcv3rcv3.exe /highWhen I double clicked on the shortcut, the splashscreen said the program had high priority but on checking taskmanager after the program had opened showed it was in fact running at normal prioity.Dont know if it sheds any light on anything but it seems odd!John A

now that is normal. i only set the thread rcv3 is running in, to high. the task itself stays at normal priority.

Ok,so I gather my best bet would be to install rcv3 in my c: drive as the "high" call seems to respond when rcv3 is installed there, instead of G:(where it is installed at present.)Is "realtime" a higher priority than "high"?John A