Sign in to follow this  

FS2k2 won

Hi all,i know this is not the fs general forum, but i still would like to post this question here because i follow this forum regularly and found that fellow RC users help each other out the best they can.My (original) FS2k2 won

Guest Scott Campbell

Unfortunately the disks won't copy. They're sector-protected, so trying it only locks up the drive. There was/is a program out there somewhere that's supposed to be able to copy the disks, but I can't remember what it is.However, if the install is stopping, there is something somewhere causing this. Have you tried disabling your firewall and virus scan and internet security? Have you tried ending everything but explorer and taskbar and kernal and system proggies?This is definiitely a question for the FS forum.Sorry I can't help.

This problem is usually caused by a too fast CD-ROM drive, don't ask me how that can be.If you can, try temporarily to disable DMA support for the drive. I know other users have solved the situation by doing that. Another option is to find a utility program that can slow down the drive.

Ok thanks all!!!I tried all off the above. But to no avail.However strangely enough i got it to install to my c drive. I