Sign in to follow this  

Tekheads.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk...

I'm about to buy some computer hardware from either of these companies, and i'm wondering are they a good companies to purchase things from?I've only reciently heard of these companies and are they found to be satisfactory, any problems with them?CheersWill

I have used Overclockers before, but I won't be again.In August 2000 I purchased a number of components (CPU, cooler, PSU) to build a new system.2 weeks after I built the sytem it died on me. After taking the components out one by one and testing them in my other system I found that *every* part of the system (CPU, RAM. mobo, vid card, sound card, HD, CDROM) was dead.I concluded that the problem must be with the PSU, which I purchased from Overclockers.I telephoned Overclockers and the tech support people agreed that the likely culprit was the PSU. I sent the components back to be tested. If the PSU was found to be faulty then Overclockers would have to pay for replacements for all the other components which I had purchased from Dabs.A few days later I telephoned Overclockers again to see what was happening and I was told that they had not received the PSU!Luckily I had sent the package via recorded delivery so I got in touch with the Post Office and they faxed me a copy of the delivery note which included the signature of the guy at Overclockers who had signed for my parcel.I phoned them up again and told them I had proof they had received the parcel. They then told me that they had lost the PSU. How convenient, especially considering they were facing a

Mmmm, interesting Nick. I have a friend who uses them (OC) and has ordered a fair chunk of stuff without any hassle. On his recom I've just placed an order myself for components for a new test rig. Fingers crossed ...

Hey Will,you can check on tons of retailers here:http://www.resellerratings.com/Here is a direct link to the overclockers rating:http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1714.htmlKeep in mind that about 90% of unsatisifed customers post messages while about .5% of satisfied customers do(human nature I think).My motto is when ordering online: Hope for the best, expect the worst! :)FYII just ordered an AMD XP1700(retail) and motherboard for $157 USD last Wednesday afternoon from Egghead.com (in California) and had it at my door in Atlanta Georgia Friday afternoon!!!.........Installed and making me happy since Friday evening! :)I can't vouch for delivery to the UK, but I can tell you this is the 2nd thing I ordered from them, and I got both in 2 days for $4 shipping! One thing I can say is that when you order, it is out of their warehouse in hours and on a FedEx truck (which you can track via the link they email you). I will buy from Egghead again (much to my wife's dismay!) :-lol Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Cheers for info guys, but i've ordered from a "cheaper" UK company http://www.scan.co.uk which has the whole CORSAIR memory range including other things i was after.Thanks Will

Nick....now there's a funny thing - your experience with OCuk mirrors mine exactly!!!Sent back a dead KT7A mobo - "we havn't received it". "Oh, recorded delivery? - well you better get us some proof of delivery." Post Office duly oblige with a confirmed delivery signature, followed by reasonable replacement of the goods by OCuk.I also will not purchase from them again, despite their reasonable ultimate resolution of my problem.PH.