Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

They deleted my post.

I guess I shouldn't have chosen such a backhanded method of announcing the availability of our first release.

Yeah, you are right. Subtleties can get lost and so too can the message containing them. Better effort this time. What, are you on a word diet of some kind? :)

Actually, many years ago I took a business communication course and the one thing they stressed was to keep it short. People are more likely to ready a short post. As a consequence I don't seem very verbose at most times. :)

John,I'm really interested in your Project -- as I understand it (and I may have it wrong) this will add greatly to the AI aircraft currently available in FS2K.However, your taciturness (sp?) seems to extend to your own web site as well. Nowhere do I find instructions on exactly what I am to do with the files I can download -- can you provide a brief (I know it will be brief coming from you :>) description of how I should proceed to get Project AI on my own machine?

We have reformatted our downloads page...It should be more self-explanatory now.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Not really....... Though beleive I hit the jackpot by downloading the AI auto installer. This little tool let me select which airlines of the ones availible I wanted, then it proceded to download and install all files that dealt with airlines chosen. I am now off the the clear blue skies to see what was done -:):-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2n.jpg

Guest Edam

Yes, the Auto installer is the way to go, it does all the work for you. I clicked on Aircraft, airports and base, then the airlines that I wanted and it downloads and installs them. It will then decompile and recompile using Ttools (which comes with it). It can be a large download, though. I only selected a handful of aircraft and the DL was 13 megs.I have only tried it out at one airport, Kennedy, which is one of the worst for stuttering, and all the aircraft were there, looked good, and all had wheels...heh. The stuttering seemed much less than I had experienced previously. Next will be a test at KLAX.So far, this is one of the best things to happen for AI since all of the other great tools, you know their names. I look forward to others' results.