Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Project AI first release is available!!

Chris,you downloaded the full pack with 150mb?I too did the full download but it was only about 17mb.Did I miss something?Regards,Mike

Dominik,I too got this windows error warning. I think you first have to backup your

Guest Dominik Mann

I did all that you described, but Windows will still tell me that "TCompiler.exe caused errors and will be terminated", and that an error log would be created. Could there be anything wrong with the source file format?

Its about 145mb uncompressed.. Or 17-20mb compressed..

Re-download a new copy of TTOOLS.ZIP then put a folder on your desktop, call it AI TTOOLS or whatever you want. Put TTOOLS in there. Then try re-running the decompiler, then edit the files and recompile it should work!! Also turn off any programs that may be running especially any antivirus proggies.I did this and it works fine now. Strange problem though.Laterhttp://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest Dominik Mann

Hmmmm...I tried searching both the AVSIM and flightsim.com file libraries for a file named ttools.zip, but came up with zero results. Was it taken down for some reason?

Guest gasebah

Unfortunately there are not a lot of flights of the provided airlines to Germany so I cannot see them planes a lot. However I immediately realized that GA thing. Great. German planes are DE and Austrian OE and so on.But there is one little prob I have also realised before.A european plane normally has a dash in the tailnumber e.g. DE-CLC.Now normally ATC would call that delta, echo, charlie, lima, charlie.FS2002 however reads the dash: delta echo minus charlie...That is ridiculous. Is there any way aroubnd this?Alex

Guest Dominik Mann

Got it...thank you! :D I hope the compiler will now work...

Yep, I have the folders (and they take up 144mb).I don't know about AIVIEW. Is this a new item on the FS Menu since I installed AI? I'm going to start a new thread to make this cleaner. I do appreciate your help.

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, things still don't work as they should :-( . First of all, it turned out I already HAD TTools V 1.2 - my first thought was that I might have had an older version which could somehow not digest the source file format.What I could observe, though, was that when I copied my personally modified source files into the TTools directory and clicked on the compiler I did NOT get any error messages. I backed up the AIP-modified source files to another folder, and when I modified these with the flight plans and aircraft I would like to retain from my custom settings and ran the compiler I would again get that error message.Oh well, guess until I find a solution to the problem I will stick with my own AI traffic settings...

If the new AI messes up my FPS, can I uninstall it? just want to know before I download 20mb of add-on and then my FPS go down to 3 or something.

Yes, you can uninstall it. Looks like it's a pretty clean and safe uninstall too.

I love this addon. Prior to this I had flights installed so I didn't want to lose them. So before installing, I backed up my traffic.bgl file and reinstall the original bgl file and installed Project AI.After the installation, I went to my ttools directory and decompiled the new traffic.bgl. Then I went to my TTools text files and copy and pasted their info from their text files. Compiled and observed. I saw dupes of flights so I deleted the revised section of the Project AI in which fixes the names of the flights since I didn't want to manually sit there and do each line by remove and replace. If you just use the Project AI traffic.bgl some of the flights are missing, that's why I reverted back to the old ms traffic.bgl. It would be grand to find a program that will find the duplicate flights to ease this process. Can anyone help here? I'd like to completely use the Project AI file since it uses the proper naming scheme but I don't want to loose some of the original flights. So for now, the original section of the traffic.bgl is still being used but I added the Project AI flights using AC#90 and up. Of course, I have to redo my airports and aircraft text files. Thank you for your time. Julian