Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Project AI first release is available!!

Folks they have finally released the first release!!! GO GET IT NOW :) :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1

Well, I guess this is all well and good but for us newbees is there a place to go to get enlightened?I get to the site and see there are airline text files to download, AI planes (and repaints) to download, but nowhere do I see directions on what I am supposed to do with all these downloads (not even contained in the downloads).A pointer to a page of instructions would be *most* helpful.

Yes, a URL would be a good idea....

We reformatted our downloads page. It should be a little more clear now.

Here's the URL of the new Project AI server: http://www.koheit.com/PAI/I'm still a little in the dark about the whole thing, but (like another lemming) I'll d/l what I can this afternoon and see what transpires (the blind leading the blind).

The number of aircraft displayed could be dependant on how many parking spaces you have available. The AI traffic should talk to ATC. Check to make sure you have the correct frequency tuned in.As far as using our aircraft for Squawkbox instead of CSL...we haven't explored this option yet. It is probably something the authors of Squawkbox would have to work on.

Hey Tabs,That would be a great idea...the CSL library aircraft are a noble effort, but they look...well I don't have to tell you! :) I know they envisioned that we'd be looking at a whole ramp full of other online pilots and wanted to spare frame rates, but the sad truth is that, unless you are at a fly-in event, its a little lonely out there. :-( I know my machine can handle the 3-7 other online aircraft I might encounter at an airport.I'll look into this and see what I can find.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Alright..First off, GREAT WORK Project AI!!Looking forward to Next release(s). Of course. :')Install went off without a hitch (still running Win98SE), made backup copy of traffic.bgl just incase. :')Frame rates:P3-800 (Really P3-550, FSB running at 145mhz)512mb pc133 SDRAM (running at 145mhz)Geforce 2 Pro 64mb (not Oc'ed, runs hot enuff already!)10fps @ 1280x1024 at KORD 100% Traffic (Sliders Maxed cept Cloud @ 40%)Now I can start adding in some AFCAD files to get the gate #'s up some. Haven't done any AFCAD'in yet since before my Project AI install I still just had default traffic.bgl.

What does the PAI.exe do? Erase my current traffic.bgl file? I currently have many repaints as AI traffic, using AI shuffler. Can my repaints still be used after you run PAI.exe? Thanks

I would make a backup of your traffic.bgl. It adds PAI's plans along with keeping MS Default GA plans, but I believe you'd lose any homemade plans you added in. The PAI models and paints take up about 145mb and use "PAI " at beginning of directory name to seperate themselves out from any others you have in the aircraft directory.Not sure how good it would work with AI Shuffler I haven't used Ai Shuffler before.. But if you backed up your traffic.bgl and didn't like the new one PAI makes, you can always drop your old one back in and you would still have the PAI Frame rate friendly models and some paints to use. I would think they would probably would with AI shuffler.

I should also add it does uncompile & recompile your traffic.bgl. But not sure if that so you can keep any flights you might have added on lets say over the default traffic file. The Main reason it probably de & recompiles is because you select which airlines you want to install.

Guest Lobaeux4

Good lord, dl'ding and installing the aircraft is so, so easy. No install .exe was needed, these are the easiest installing aircraft I've seen on the web. All files are labeled correctly, winzip does it all.Lobaeux

Think the (install)EXE was used mostly because of the plans that when with each airline, if you didn't dl United lets say you dont have united flights added into traffic.bgl.

is the project ai package hard on frame rates? i run a 700mhz Celeron w/ 256mb RAM & 11mb Intel 810E integrated video card/graphics accelerator (:() I really want to run the new project ai release, but i don't know if my system will handle it ok.

It should be easy on the frame rates.. After all the models have less polys the the defaults that were used (as far as the jets go anyway). And you can always turn down the traffic slider a bit if it still gets sluggish.. That 11mb on MB video is your Frame rate killer..