Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

upgraded sound system

After years of simming, I finally junked the tiny built in computer speakers and hooked my sound card to a full scale sound system. I am using some really old Wharfdale W-80 speakers, floor standing models with excellent base. What a difference in how much it adds to the sim. Also, my thanks and compliments to MS for its default sound files, and I can hardly wait to begin downloading some of the Aaron Swindle and other sound files.Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

Did the same myself today, being unable to decide which subwoofing bloofing boxin' toxin speakers I should buy in the computer store. Simply put a splitter on my STEREO OUT, thereby leaving the original speakers in place as tweeters (they're really not that bad) and hooked up the other socket to a rather large amp and a couple of four foot speakers, which I put behind me where the engines would be.All I can say is WOW WOW WOW. Can't believe I didn't do it before. Makes flying my Red Arrows or Jan Visser's R4D-6 an incredible experience. Particularly, with that new tower-fly-past-camera-thingy. Well done, those men.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Tim W

God help your neighbors!!! :-lol