Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Bill Lyons & Golden Eagles Squadron

Guest PhilC

This message was removed because AVSIM's forum policies do not allow for commercial announcements with screenshots to be placed in the forums.The message is now displayed as 'news' on the front page.Francois A. DumasAssociate Editor & Forums Admin

Guest Timbo

I agree. After getting all this cool, free stuff from Bill, I felt I really owed him something so I had no second thoughts about paying for the Waco. I sent him the money today and am anxiously waiting to fly it![TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:timsfsstudio.home.attbi.com]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated June 11th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Definitely agree with you two. We all really owe him, and if you don't like the aircraft (you'd be crazy not to, but we all have our own tastes), then just do it as a donation! I know for one that I don't want to see GES go under anytimes soon!Scott

I've just emailed him about a query for payment (damn living in NZ and having no credit card!! :-)), but it certainly looks spectacular. Make a nice change from flying aicraft from 1962 ;-) http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je3.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

Guest PhilC

I understand your policy and will always adhere to it but I just wanted to mention that I have no affiliation with Bill Lyons or Golden Eagles. I was not asked by any of them to post this message. I just did it because of all of the wonderful things they have done for us and I felt it was one way I could help. Sorry about stepping on any rules and thanks for putting the message on AVSIM's front page. Is there an alternative way for us to get such worthy info to you guys?BTW, my last name is Cayton not Clayton (knock the L out of it). :)No big deal, everyone does it.Thanks Francois and AVSIM for such a wonderful forum.

Hi Phil,first of all apologies for the misspelling of your name. I have been typing like mad all day, and I can tell you, that's not my idea of enjoying this hobby ;-)And no problem with the post really, although I may have misinterpreted your involvement. In any case all this has sparked an interesting discussion internally in AVSIM and I am sure we will come to a reasonable solution for all parties involved.As to your question regarding news. If there is anything anybody wants to convey to us, such as an (upcoming) new release or anything like that, you can always send an email to staff@avsim.com . That is an email address that is read daily (more like hourly) by some 20 AVSIM staffers, including the front page editor on duty each day.And if you have acquired the product yourself, there is nothing stopping you from posting screenshots off your own machine on ourt forums ! The only thing we do not want is the forum, and disk space and bandwidth, being used by companies to 'sell' their products for free... actually, sponsored by you and our sponsors. I am sure more will be pusblished in the days to come on this subject, stay tuned.... and thanks for the heads-up on Bill Lyons plane ! ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest PhilC

No harm done and no apologies needed. Again thanks for sharing this on the front page and thanks for the explanation of policies.