Sign in to follow this  

For Those Still don't know The Release Date of Msfs

Hi, For Those Still don't know the Release Date of MsfsFs5.1= aug 1995 6 Generation FSW95 = aug 1996FS98= aug 1997 fs2000= sep 1999 fs2002= oct 2001 fs2004= oct 2003 :-beerchugI think Since cfs series came Up after fs98, They have "worked less" on Msfs but still they use the engine of Cfs also for other Msfs version, If cfs was not here, we will probably have each years an MsFs update like before!! http://simflight.com/~fshistory/fsh/timeline.htmThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Since the release of FS98 MSFS has become more "open" which has allowed third party developers to show their talents. With the release of each version MSFS is now becoming more and more complex and it seems to me that it takes about a year for some really great aircraft and sceneries to be developed and released. If a new version of MSFS were to be released on a yearly basis now we wouldn't be able to enjoy the potential of each release before we had to start the whole process over again.David

Hi, "If a new version of MSFS were to be released on a yearly basis now we wouldn't be able to enjoy the potential of each release before we had to start the whole process over again."I know, but an update not a total new sim and not a patch, Exemple: how about the taxiway lights, improving the weather/sky system and some things like thats. I will prefers thats and many of us.This does not take 2 years to make at all, only see the sky color of cfs3 in ALPHA stage and it's blow fs2k2, only take couple of minutes/hours in their team to do this, they have the code , not us. I will prefers they working on Msfs more than cfs. There is tons of Ga game, They will be a new IL-2 STURMOVIK II also, and how about others companie etc..ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I remember loading fs5.1 on my comp for the first time, and thinking how incredible it was. I also bought FLight Shop so I could design Aircraft for it. I think the only one that even resembled a plane was a pitts special. Geesh how far we have come in such a short amount of time.Thanks for the datesAl

"Geesh how far we have come in such a short amount of time."Because we and they have the technology of the market for the improvement in the Ms Simulator, just remove the 3d graphics card and you will see, No improvement :-) From Fs Team for the next version:Enhancements to ATC are high on our list for future versions, as are major improvements to other important areas of Flight Simulator. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

You're probably right.But since members of the FS team also work on CFS this 2 year cycle will likely be around as long as CFS is.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Quit it! You are scaring me ... I'm from the FS1 on a TRS-80 days :-lolStill think subLogic's finest work was Airline Transport Pilot (ATP), and it is not even mentioned there. They had ATC back then, with some wonderful scripting and missions with promotions and the whole works ... we still haven't caught back up in the FS series :-lolRay

Maybe you can rest a bit easier knowing you are not alone???Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

>Enhancements to ATC are high on our list for future >versions, as are major improvements to other important areas >of Flight Simulator. Hey, that narrows it down Chris!

Guest GabrielR

That is really old!

You guys really had to be around then ... some pretty trivial things made us happy ;-)The MAJOR advantage that the Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I had over the Commodore and Apple machines was that the tape drives had a REWIND button, with the other guys you had to eject the tape and turn it over to get back to where you wanted to be. Thats what sold me on it ... no more ejecting the cassette because you overshot the load point on the tape, what a great technology breakthrough!!!Ray

Geez, don't bust my bubble!Here I was remembering the "good ol' days" and you go and remind me of the bad stuff! :)But seriously, it still amazes me to this day just how far ahead of it's time was that that FS1 Flight Simulator. Even with such terrible graphics, that little white dot really flew like a real aircraft!But I also remember the early programming days on that archaic equipment. You had to save both your program and data to those VERY unreliable cassette tapes.And if you did not save at least 4-5 copies, you just could not be sure you would be able to reload it the next time you turned the power back on!Oh well, so much for the "good ol' days" ! :)Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Al,I certainly wouldn't have classed FS5.1 as "incredible". I would define the graphics as "terrible", since Microsoft's ability to provide good looking textures was NON EXISTENT in those days.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, we had imagination back then, and it made up for all the shortcomings.Still to this day, I remember playing Dungeons of Kesmai on Compuserve which was a 40 x 40 matrix of ASCII characters, yet it was FUN! somewhere along the line imagination got replaced by attempted reality, and people started complaining that things just don't look good anymore ;-)Back then, things looked great ;-) So what if the plane was a little dot, it flew! :-lolRay