Sign in to follow this  
Guest T3132

Priority options.

Guest T3132

I have been running rcv3.1 buil 2191 for several days and have noticed that the process priority of rcv3.1 is always "normal".I have tried the /high and /realtime options. The rc3.1 splash screen indicates that the option is set to the corresponding level but process viewer still shows the process at normal. I end up having to change the priority using process viewer to realtime.Any insight or help would be appriciated.System Info:PIII 800MHzWin98FS2002RC V3.1FSUIPC 3.03FDC 1.4Thanks,Thomas

Guest RickT

Hi Thomas,RCv3.1 no longer needs the priority setting (/high command line switch). JD has figured out a way to programatically change the priority to high when wavs need to play. He will have to explain it if you need a more detailed explanation.

the priority setting adjusts the thread that is running, not the process itself. that's why it says normalbut with 3.1, you shouldn't really need the priority switch on the commandlinejd

Guest T3132

rick/jd,Here is what I am experiencing. When RC first starts, it runs as advertised. As my flight progresses, RC performance gradually degrades. I end up waiting 5 to 15 seconds for RC to respond to a keystroke. When I set the process priority to high or realtime, it consistently works without degradation. This only happens with v3.1.I will be happy to run any tests or scenarios if necessary.Also, don't forget that I am running Windows 98 on a PIII 800MHz system.Thanks again for the help and quick response.Thomas

Guest RickT

Hi Thomas,JD will have to address this issue. Have you tried running Flight Simulator and Radar Contact with all other non related programs closed?If setting the process priority works by all means continue to use it.

Guest T3132

Rick,I will try a flight with just the two and let you know how it goes.Thomas

Guest T3132

Rick,I did as you suggested, running FS2k2 and RC with no other programs.This seemed to delay the performance degradation. For now, I will set the process priority to "high".Thanks much for the assistance!Thomas