Sign in to follow this  

RC forgetting me at takeoff.

I wrote recently about this problem - where i'm ready to take off from rwy 22R at EKCH. Nothing whatsoever happens most of the time. Have now gone back to the previous version of RC where i have no problems. Also i in this version are in a lower and more suitable altitude when i'm < 10 ft. from the RWY.. (Don't have to dive like a Stuka)... :-))And then another thing. Why on earth all these "go arounds"? In most of the situations there's either nothing on the runway or a plane has just left the runway. Couldn't you create a way to cancle that go-around? And if it's because of Microsoft's "spooky" AI planes - then there's no guarantee that you won't face the same problem the next time you try - and the next time, next time, next time... ;-) I guess a "go around" would take another 15 to 20 min.? - One could spend the rest of the day circling around until one get tired or FS2K2 cancles of other reasons..

what are you using to generate ai planes? or are you just using ms default ai planes? if you can save me a dat with you sitting on 22r waiting for clearance to take off, i'll sit there to, and see why i'm not getting cleared.as in the real world, there is no real way to cancel a go-around. it is issued for a reason. you could always ask for a different runway to get away from those other planes.jd

It just struck me, that i did make a .dat file the first time i was parked there alone and forgotten.. :-)) I e-mail it to you, John. It's btw. both MS AI-planes and most of those from the PAI project. Microsoft never uses 22R or 4L, though 22R is the one used for takeoff's to the west in real life. So no AI planes on that runway - 22R or 4L ...I know a "go around" is for a purpose - especially in real life. I'm sure that in real life, the controllers would have woken up at your second attempt, but in MS ... :-( Anyway, it was just a question - especially because of the continuis nagging one have to listen to until one finds the "cancle IFR".. ;-)