Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

FS9 & RC3.1 Problem

Well, another try at FS9 tonight. I was flying the PMDG 737-700 from Phoenix to Houston. The flight started out great. The scenery and weather (clouds) at PHX were really great! I thought I was on to something. I was running Radar Contact along with the FS ATC in VFR mode. After I was told to Contact Arrival by RC, RC quit working on me. The only choices RC gave me were Cancel IFR or Terminate Radar Services! I never had the choice to contact arrival (my copilot was handling the comms) This has happened twice in FS9 to me. Never happened in FS2002 with RC. No comments from RC ATC or anything just errily quiet. When I look at the menu there's two choices: 2) Cancel IFR 3) Terminate Radar ServicesNothing else. What could be happening here? It is a memory problem with my PC? I am running on Win98Se and 512Mb of DDR333 SDRAM.

i saw your post in the other forum http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...37011&mode=fullso you were told to contact approach.memory is not an issue.interesting, those two menu items, as options 2) and 3) are only displayed when you are on the ground. did you actually land?if the co-pilot had the comms, it is not up to you to contact approach. how many files do you have in winwood11 and winwood12?i'm thinking you are missing a whole bunch of wavs, and you never heard the controllers talking.

jd, Never landed. I was decending at 1,800 fpm trying to get to the runway since RC left me in a lurch. I have 1,131 files in file #11 and 1,133 in file #12. Still confused......Steve (aka Controller #12)

me too. not sure how you got a ground menu while in the air.try to duplicate. save me a .dat prior to contacting approach, and send me the .dat, and .flt and .wx if it happens again.jd