Sign in to follow this  

Late Go Around FS9

Hi JDI just had a great flight from LIPZ to EGSS in the new PMDG 737 using radar contact.I was cleared to land at EGSSas No 1 but as I got closer there was agreat line of AI aircraft waiting to take off. When I was at about 500' the first AI aircraft taxied onto the runway in front of me ready for take off. I was expecting a Go Around call from RC but it didn't come. Being curious I continued my aproach. I did finally get the call when I was 20' above the threshold. A bit late. I realise I could have instigated a go-around when I forst saw the aircraft on the runway but I wanted to hear the call.Is this a FS9 AI problem to be fixed when they issue the SDK or is it a RC problem.Like I said just curious.

scanning for traffic is very cpu/fsuipc intensive work. i do it as often as i can. sometimes the calls may come late. it would be nice it eh ai plane had stayed put. not sure whether any forthcoming sdk will allow me to control those planes.at least the call came.....the controller was looking the other way......LOL

Thanks for the quick reply.. Much as I suspected, I hope MS come up with the goods for you.