Sign in to follow this  
planenut

No Joy with 3.1

I downloaded and installed the 3.1 update and all the required items to go with it. After I create my flight plan in FS9 and save it, I can't get RC to work. When I start RC and select the saved flight, the blue status line goes about 1/3 of the way then stops. Nothing happens after that. Can't figure this one out. Any ideas?Jim

you create the flight plan in fs9, start up rc, and are you saying you can't read in the flight plan?send me the .pln fileare you sure you are running v3.1, build 2205? i'll look at your .pln, but most people having your problem, are running an old build of v3.1 or they are using a shortcut which they think is start v3.1, but really starting 3.01jd

I am using 3.1 build 2205. Here is my .pln file.[flightplan]AppVersion=9.0.30612title=KORF to KROAdescription=KORF, KROAtype=IFRroutetype=1cruising_altitude=6000departure_id=KORF, N36* 53.26', W76* 12.20', +000025.99departure_position=PARKING 2destination_id=KROA, N37* 18.95', W79* 58.25', +001175.00departure_name=Norfolk Intldestination_name=Roanoke Regl/Woodrumwaypoint.0=, KORF, , KORF, A, N36* 53.26', W76* 12.20', +000025.99, waypoint.1=K6, ORF, , ORF, V, N36* 53.51', W76* 12.02', +000020.00, waypoint.2=K6, LYH, , LYH, V, N37* 15.28', W79* 14.19', +000880.00, waypoint.3=, KROA, , KROA, A, N37* 18.95', W79* 58.25', +001175.00, am using 3.1 build 2205.

reads fine here.are you saying that when you click on the fs200x (.pln) button, the progress bar only makes it a little ways, and then dies?jd

Guest Scott Campbell

I'm thinking it's not reading the a2.txt or runways.csv or a replaced file. Possiblely rc3.dat. That's the only time I've had the bar stop and plan not load.Jim, did you replace all the files when the install asked? It's possible that one or more of the files wasn't overwritten properly.

JDThat's exactly what happens. First of course my saved flight file opens listing my flights. (have only tried two). When I click on one of them then blue status bar moves quickly only part way then stops.The controller button stays grayed out, however, I can still select the options button. Wasn't too sure where to install the 11, 12, and RCWavupdate downloads. I put them in the winwood file. Is this correct?Jim

yep, winwood11 and winwood12try download the rcv31.zip file again, and extract all files into your rcv3 directoryjd

JD,Just re-downloaded and installed 3.1 and that seemed to do the trick.Working ok now. Don't know what happened the first time. Thanks for the help.Jim