Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

FSBuild 1.4.3 and RCv3.1

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,today i generated a few flightplans using FSBuild.Of course i also checked to export flightplan in RC format but discovered the .apl file FSBuild produced didn't show any waypoint name but only (1) - (2) - (3) and so on; this was showed in Show Text window during flight.Now i ask, is that normal? I ask this because, as i explained in a previous post i run RC on a client PC and as of today haven't been able to import a flightplan from server PC and generate a RC adv without getting a Runtime Error 75.So everytime i have to copy from Server to client PC file .PLN and import in RC; i hoped that exporting directly from FSBuild should do the trick!Anyone? What do you think?Thak youLuigi ;-)

Guest RickT

Luigi,I've never used FSBuild but I think you are suppose to be exporting your flight plans to FS200x format.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Rick,i started using it and i'm quite happy becuse can export in many different formats, included PMDG 737NG FMC.Can you please suggest a simple like.batch program do do the export with just one click? I use lots of .bat; but in this case i should execute commands from server to client pc. So i'm afraid that a batch file won't do the trick :-(ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest RickT

Luigi,I installed FSBuild from the RCv3 CD just to experiment. I don't think a batch file would work to do the actual export. There may be an option within FSBuild where you can tell it to write the completed flight plan to a specific drive and folder? I haven't looked at the documentation yet.I don't see why a simple batch file telling it to copy from a specific location on your server to a specific location on your client would not work.

export to fs2000x format. that is the preferred input format for rcv3.0 and higher

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>I don't see why a simple batch file telling it to copy from a>specific location on your server to a specific location on>your client would not work.I'm talking about executing a batch to copy files from server to client via network cable; can you explain how does this thing work?Do i need DOS driver for my ethernet cards?Thanks for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest RickT

Luigi,If you can see both your server and client machine on the network you should not need any special drivers.Try an experiment. Open a DOS box (Start|Accessories|Command Prompt). Change to the folder where your plans are (example - cdprogram filesfsbuild).Type this:copy kmem-kstl.pln d:where you want it to goReplace kmem-kstl.pln with one of your plans.Replace d:where you want with the drive and folder you want the plan to go.If that works, copy it to Notepad and save as CopyPlans.bat. The bat file must be saved to the folder your plans are located in. Then you can edit the line each time you want a different plan copied. Or you can copy all the plans by doing something like this:copy *.pln d:whereever you want it to go.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>If you can see both your server and client machine on the>network you should not need any special drivers.Of course Rick, i use my local network every day.Ok, let's try!My local network is called: CASAMy server PC is shared as :PRIMOMy server partitions are shared as:DISCO C, DISCO D, DISCO EMy client PC is shared as:SECONDOMy client partitions are shared as:DISCO C2, DISCO D2, DISCO E2Now suppose i have to copy the file myfile.pnl from C:windows on the server (PRIMO) to C:windows on the client (SECONDO).How should my batch look like? I've tried but without any luckcopy c:windowsmyfile.pln secondoDISCO C2myfile.plnor perhapscopy primoDISCO Cmyfile.pln secondoDISCO C2myfile.plnand so on. but it didn't work at all.Can you please help?ThanksLuigi ;-)

it doesn't matter what the partitions are called, it's what they are shared asjd

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Yes JD you're right.Now that i have edited my last post can you tell me how should i write the example batch?ThanksLuigi ;-)