Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Final Approach Problem

Hello,On my last two flights, there seems to be a problem with the final approach. When approach clears me to descending altitude and directs to final, it seems that autopilot shuts off, as the plane starts to nose dive. The copilot has not returned the plane over to the pilot yet. I have had to go into emergency control, to gain control over the plane.Specs: FS2004 with all current builds and registered FSUIP 3.05Help!Paul

Continuation of the above.........I downloaded FSNAV 4.60 yesterday and was able to create a flight plan with that (YEA!!). Now the problem I get, is that I am cleared for final, the co-pilot still has the aircraft, but the aircraft will not decsend to the proper approach altitude. I had to declare a missed approach and manually go around and land myself. I am not saying I am lazy, however, RC with FS2002, I was able to autopilot until tower cleared me to land and I was at the proper altitude for final.Any thought?Paul

what plane? the rc co-pilot turns on the apr hold, and eventually the hdg hold and alt hold will disengage, as the apr hold captures the glideslope and localizer.but turning off the autopilot all together? like hitting z turns the whole thing on or off? the co-pilot doesn't do that.jd