Sign in to follow this  
Guest klucznik

A question on Oakland Oceanic Controller Voices

Guest klucznik

Hello, I tried a flight from KOAK---PHOG and then a return flight. On the first flight I did not receive any OAK Oceanic controller on 131.65. The other five Oakland Oceanic controllers came through ok. These five freqs were: 130.30, 130.35, 133.85, 131.75 and 132.75. On the return flight the only Oakland Oceanic frequency stated by Honolulu Center was 134.35. The Oakland Oceanic controllers voice was never heard and no other frequency was given. (Even though you cannot hear a controller apparently the CP does via the magic of software.) The only controller heard after the Honolulu Center was Oakland Center. All the rest of the controllers involved, Oakland and Honolulu, were ok. I am running FSUIPC v2.975, WideFS v5.3 and Radar Contact v3.10.2178. I have installed the voice files, I hope, per the instructions that were once on this forum. I suspect I have done something wrong but can't seem to nail it down. Any ideas anyone?Thanks

Guest RickT

Hi Blais,RCv3, FSUIPC, WideFS and probably Adv Display have all been updated with later versions than your running. Please note WideFS is now shareware as well as FSUIPC. RCv3 is accredited to run with FSUIPC so you will not have to buy a license if you do not want to. Check out our FAQ www.jdtllc.com/faqs.htm to get the latest versions.For your controller voice problem please check your Winwood folder make sure you have folders 11 and 12 and 88-90. Folders 11 and 12 should have 1134 files and 88-90 should have 1028. All these files are available on Scott Campbell's Flight Deck http://www.fsflightdeck.com/rcv3/

Guest klucznik

Thanks Rick, I forgot to mention that I used FS2002. I wasn't fully aware that I needed to update the other files for FS2002 but I indeed will for RC3.1 is a doll. I don't leave home without it.Regards

Guest RickT

Blais,Since you are using FS2002, I don't think it is necessary that you update FSUIPC, WideFS and Adv Display.

fsuipc 3.05, advdisp 2.11, and i forget the widefs version, are the only supported versions.you should upgrade themjd

Guest klucznik

Thanks RT and JD. I had both Scott's 11 and 12 folders installed as sub-folders in, what appears to be, the default 11 & 12 folders. I didn't have 88-90 installed at all. Have done it now although I keep chatter down low except for the oceanic flights. Will now perform those flights so it will be as great as the NA flights. I do have FS2004 installed but haven't used any add-ons yet thus another question: If I update the files JD mentioned above can I use these for both FS2002 and FS2004? That would be great. I will register those programs, add-ons, that have those options. Lastly thanks men for your solid response and VFB program.VFB--- old time amateur radio slang in the cw code days, meaning Very Fine Business.Regards

Guest RickT

Blais,Yes you can use them for both FS versions.

Guest klucznik

Hello Rick & JD, I purchased the registrations of both FSPUIC and Wide FS, updated AdvDisp and installed my missing controller files. I will try the KOAK---PHOG and PHOG---KOAK again, both in FS2002 and FS2004. I hope these work with the newest version of RC. Hopefully both 2K2 and 2K4 will work on these versions. If not then we'll change a file or two. We will see.Regards