Sign in to follow this  

Repaint Request

I just bought the PSS Airbus base pack but my parents would not allow me to get any additional liveries because they cost extra. And the only free liveries you can download are European except the Jet blue. i would like to know if anyone could do a repaint of the A320 in AmericaWest colors? I would be much obliged!!:D

Why don't you do one yourself?It isn't difficult, assuming you have some familiarity with a paint program. I would do one for you but I don't have the textures (I don't have that aircraft).

"Why don't you do one yourself"Oh wait...I can answer that one...The same reason I get 30-40 emails a day requesting signs for this airport or that airport...because they don't want to trouble themselves. We have over 75 volunteer designers at TaxiwaySigns.com who've taken the free software we provide, the step-by-step documentation we provide, and the support and guidance we provide and turned out a tremendous number of excellent sign sceneries. Why do it yourself when you can ask someone else to do it?And in case you're thinking about putting in a request, I stopped writing them down when the list hit 300. About 2 months later, I'm only on #2, so....Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.com

I have spent weeks trying to figure out how to repaint, so don't say I'm lazy or anything. And for the same reason I couldn't buy the AW repaint on the PSS website. I don't have the money to get a paint program. I've been trying repainting with Gimp but I really got no where except to add a Continental tail to the default 734 that was fuzzy.Why would you accuse me of not trying when you really don't know the answer to that, seems kinda stupid. PS - sorry for the late reply, I was gone all day today.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just offering a suggestion.Have you tried the excellent paint tutorials available? Even using MS Paint you ought to be able to do a repaint (MS Paint is free). And there are lots of other freeware paint programs available.Once you've learned how to do this you'll never look back (who knows -- someday you might help one of *us* with a repaint request).(And I truly would repaint for you if I owned the plane).

Sorry kelleym, my post was directed toward glitch, not you. Yes I have tried a number of tutorials, but I just can't seem to get it. I don't know if I should use photo-real textures off a photograph, or paint them by hand. The hard part is really that I can't paint anything with my own hands much less a computer mouse. So I just don't know what to do.The first thing I tried was to take a photograph of a Continental 737, using Gimp, cut out the tail (which took me a while to figure out how) and paste on the default 737. I got it turned and did everything to get the Continental tail over the the default tail in the paint mask, but then i ran into the major problem that has stopped me. Then only way to make it bigger using gimp is to resize the whole layer. It's late and I'm not making much sense so here's a pic:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d094db95625ad02.jpgIs there a way to just click on parts of the tail and drag them to fit the tail? Or something easier than to have to make the whole layer bigger as this makes the tail fuzzy.

>Sorry kelleym, my post was directed toward glitch, not you. >Yes I have tried a number of tutorials, but I just can't >seem to get it. I don't know if I should use photo-real >textures off a photograph, or paint them by hand. The hard >part is really that I can't paint anything with my own hands >much less a computer mouse. So I just don't know what to >do. I know what you mean -- I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to creating anything by myself. Luckily the computer does a lot of work for you once you learn how to make it do it.>The first thing I tried was to take a photograph of a >Continental 737, using Gimp, cut out the tail (which took me >a while to figure out how) and paste on the default 737. I >got it turned and did everything to get the Continental tail >over the the default tail in the paint mask, but then i ran >into the major problem that has stopped me. Then only way >to make it bigger using gimp is to resize the whole layer. You're doing quite well -- cutting out the photographic textures and pasting them on the right spot is an excellent technique. If I understand what you're saying, though, is the cut and pasted tail doesn't fit the paint map, and you're trying to resize the entire aircraft map to fit the imported tail section? What you really want is to just resize your new tail to fit the old one.I don't know anything about Gimp, but just a cursory glance at the manual seems to indicate it has this power by making a selection, floating it and then making it in its own layer, which *can* be resized separately from the base layer (I'm looking here at http://manual.gimp.org/manual/GUM/GUM.html).If you still can't get this I'd be glad to work with you by downloading GIMP and figuring out how to do this. And I don't want to be an apologist for Glitch (whom I do not know, except his group has generated some *excellent* work) but he gets deluged with requests for signs which others could do themselves. That must be annoying (I'm only glad I didn't give him my *own* request :>)

I thought I was being unclear. I was resizing the new to the old. I had the new tail on a new layer and it was floating, I'm wondering if there is a way of click and dragging corners of the floating section to fit it. Not the whole thing, just like click-and-drag stretch one corner, then click-and-drag another corner ans so on. I'm pretty sure you can't do this with Gimp as I've scoured the manuals. Is this possible with the Paint program you use?

I would do one...but I don't have the texture files. Yes, use some photorealistic textures if its too hard to repaint. You can do tracing by creating a new layer under the image you want to trace and set opacity at about 65%, but I'm not good with the mouse. it requires steady action, which I suck at. PS. Microsoft Paint won't do you any good. I don't know about Gimp, can you give me a screenshot of what it offers? I recommend Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, which are both quite expensive although Jasc offers a 30-Day trial version of PSP.http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded...ve/jphassig.jpg

>I thought I was being unclear. I was resizing the new to >the old. I had the new tail on a new layer and it was >floating, I'm wondering if there is a way of click and >dragging corners of the floating section to fit it. Not the >whole thing, just like click-and-drag stretch one corner, >then click-and-drag another corner ans so on. I'm pretty >sure you can't do this with Gimp as I've scoured the >manuals. Is this possible with the Paint program you use? Yes, you can click and drag stretch your floating selection in Gimp (which I just downloaded and installed -- not a bad free paint program).After you create your floating section go to the Rotate/Scale tool (for me it's the last icon on the right in the second row -- I don't know if that will show up for you in that way, but it looks like two rectangles on top of each other). Double click it and set it for scale (the default is rotation). Then just click and drag the handles on your selection to whatever you want. Finally, select the "Scale" button in the dialog box that pops up. Works like a champ.Let me know if you need further help.

Well, you guys have inspired me to figure this out and I think I'm on to something. I downloaded Project Ai's 737-500 paint kit to see if I could make a Continental livery. Here is what I got:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d0a5b8274c96799.jpgAll I need is to add the American flag onto the fuselage!:DPlease tell me anything wrong so I can fix it.