Sign in to follow this  

KLAS Runway Clearance

Hi!I was at KLAS (SimFlyers) FS2004. ATC cleared to hold short of R/W 1L. I taxied to 1L hold point. Waited for one hour. I did not get Cleared for Take Off. So I moved to 7L hold point. ATC cleared for take off by saying "1L" instead of 7L. I created flight plan with FSNAV 4.6 using 7L. Running RC3.1.Please help.Cheers,fs_pjo

you need to call tower. tower will tell you to taxi into position and hold, and then clear you for takeoff once you are lined up.did you have the comms, or was the co-pilot on comms? when the co-pilot is on comms, you have to set the parking brakes when you are holding short to trigger the call to tower.jd

>you need to call tower. tower will tell you to taxi into>position and hold, and then clear you for takeoff once you are>lined up.>>did you have the comms, or was the co-pilot on comms? when the>co-pilot is on comms, you have to set the parking brakes when>you are holding short to trigger the call to tower.>>jdATC Tower instructed me to hold short of R/W 1L. So I did.My point is I was instructed to go to 1L. Parking Break set. Nothing happens. So moved to 7L. Parking break set. Tower gave me Take off Clearance saying 1L. Runway is wrong. Why ?FSNAV flight plan has 7L for take off and exported and loaded.fs_pjo

it doesn't matter what you set the runway for in fsnav. that information is not carried forward from the exported plan. in fsnav, you are using the export or save as to fs200x .pln format, right? don't export to the rc (.apl) format. that format is for backaward compatibility.on the controllers page, where all the controller freqs are displayed, and transition levels, etc, there is a place where you can specify what runway you want. that is where you should put 1L or 7L. then when rc contacts ground, ground tells you to taxi to the runway of your choosing, not the runway best suited for the wind, and aircraft.i need some more information, to trouble shoot this further. what version of fs, what version and build number of rc.then try to repeat it, do the exact same things, and before you contact tower, press ctrl-shift-; or go to the rc app, and click save.then send me the .dat file in the rcsaved directory, the .pln, .flt and .wx files with the same name in the fs folder (it depends on where this is based on os you are running)i'll see if i can re-create it. also, it would be nice if you try to recreate this in a stock ms plane.jd

Good Morning, I just got up.I will be able to send you .dat after more than 14 hour later. I am taking a trip to a city.I exported to .APL because FSNAV Export Option says RC. Where is the description on exporting from FSNAV in RC documentation using 3.1 ?fs_pjo

Guest RickT

Hi fs_pjo,You can find the description beginning on page 48 of the Radar Contact manual.