Sign in to follow this  

Pointing RC3 to WideClient

I've upgraded my pc and installed MSFS on the new pc. Once everything was running well, I networked the old and the new PCs and installed WideFS. I've installed serveral applications on the old pc that is now running WideClient - BAVOSP, Roger Wilco, BAV ACARS, Squawkbox, Weather Station, Boarding... They all work fine over the network with MSFS running on the new pc. All except one; RC3!It worked fine before I removed MSFS2002 off the original pc and installed it on the new one. But now that I've got WideClient in its place, the "Choose One" options on the initial RC3 screen are greyed out. I can't see any *.INI file to point RC3 towards WideClient.Any ideas how to get RC3 on working on a WideClient pc?TIATom

Guest RickT

It sounds like you need a new activation key for Radar Contact. Please send your Product ID code to register@jdtllc.com and we will send you a new key.

>It sounds like you need a new activation key for Radar>Contact. Please send your Product ID code to>register@jdtllc.com and we will send you a new key.>Thanks Rick for your very prompt reply.Tom

the only reason the install program asks which flight simulator you are using, is so that the install program will put the advdisp.dll and fsuipc.dll in the right directory.so in your case, when you install for fs2002 on your network pc, you will probably find a modules directory in the root of your hard drive. you can move/delete those files.with wideclient running, rc doesn't know fs2002 isn't on the rc machine. make sure the share you make on the fs2002 machine has read/write priviledges, because rc will try to write a .rc3 file back to the place where the .pln file was read fromjd