Sign in to follow this  

Two things...

The first - it seems that i have copied some soundfiles into the wrong library. The male co-pilots mention the various centers using a female voice... (Ruthanne i think).. Sounds rather stupid. Can it be changed easily?Secondly - seems you have to have a look at Sao Paulo (SBSP). Arriving there today in a Baron, i was told to descend to 3000 ft. Not very smart when the airport is in 2627 ft. Had to give the controller the finger all the way down or crash... LOL (Boy - he can go on nagging)... ;)Then there actually is one thing more. Think i did mention having a sound problem. Now, i do have the latest the drivers for my Nvidia sound card, but often the sound (espcially the voices) start to become scratchy after a certain time. Occasionally it suddenly becomes normal again, but most of the time not. I have noticed that there's a particular person/controller talking when it starts. Could it be one or more "sick" wav-files? Have anyone experienced this?I have tried to figure out who he is, listening to the various wav-files outside the simulator, but can't decide. The one i'm thinking of, have a deep and and very scratchy voice already before the sound f***'s upI have been fiddling for a long time with the settings to see if that would help, but no way.. Beside the simulator/RC - i have no problems with the sound..CheersLars

Guest RickT

Hi Lars,To fix the male co-pilot go to Scott Campbell's Flight Deck http://www.fsflightdeck.com/rcv3/ and take your pick from the list of optional co-pilots. Download the one you want. Next delete all files in your rcv30winwood0 folder. Finally unzip your downloaded files to rcv30winwood.When flying into Sal Paulo did you have NOTAMS checked on the Controller info page of Radar Contact under SBSP Arrival? If not do that and the Controller will not yell at you.If you think you have messed up wav files the only fix for that is to reinstall RCv3 using your CD then installing either RCv3.01 or RCv3.1 and the new wav files.

if you are using 3.01, do like rick said, and check notams. if you are running 3.1 check the msa for the airport in question on the controllers page, and let me know what it was set forjd

Guest Scott Campbell

The co-pilot folder that will be created when you unzip into winwood will be named as 0-xx, where xx are the initilas of the person. Rename 0-xx to 0.

Thank's! :-) I just wonder where the female voice came from? This is where i got the co-pilots from in the first place. Some update i've placed wrongly?? Strange... I only choose NOTAMS flying into an area where i know there are mountains. Unfortunately FSnavigator don't show all. (Got a surprise e.g. at Los Cabos (MMSD) once).. :-) This time it was not that mountains got in my way, but the altitude of the airport. OK - i haven't tried, as i assume one can't switch to NOTAMS while in flight - that it's something i have to choose in the start?? It would be nice if it was possible.. :-)CheersLars

I know why i got the problem with the co-pilot getting a female voice. There's an update which gives you these files: CNTR279 up to CNTR360, which i have plastered into all the co-pilots files. These files are with Ruthanne, so no wonder..RCWavsUpdate01.zip is the file... :-(

I am a bit puzzeled. Haven't experienced this before, but then - again, i haven't been flying that much with the Baron and not in South America before at all.Today i should land in Brazil (SBBR) and i was again told to go down to 3000 ft. Luckily enough i was using NOTAMS, as the airport is in 3477 ft. I kind of wonder how the program calculate that altitude??? CheersLars

Yes - have got the latest version... Now, it's in an area where i haven't been for a long, long time, so i don't know if it always have been so in Brazil, but i haven't experienced this problem before in any of the other countries in the simulator... I would assume RC takes a look at the airport when it decides the altitude and not where i am at the present time?

could you try it again, and save me a dat prior to contact approach, and send me the .dat, .flt and .wx filesthanksjd

Hehe - already have one from the first time... :-)CheersLars