Sign in to follow this  
Guest falpaol

Strange vector to localizer LIMC 35L

Guest falpaol

HiAfter solving some problems, finally I've reached the end of my first fly LIBP-LIMC.When in 35L approach, I was in 10000'.ATC gave a heading and new altitude of 9000. Immediately after acknowledging the descent to 9000, I am told to descend to 7000 followed immediately by the standard "xx miles from the marker, fly heading 340 intercept 25L localizer, maintain 3200 (or so) until established etc ..."What do I have to do?I receive more than two instruction together......ThanksPaolo

this is what i call a "near straight in approach"if you are approaching the airport, on the runway heading +/- a few degrees, then i let you join the localizer, and come in. no point in a base turn, or a downwind/base. that is what i call a "straight in approach"in your case, you are not as lined up on the runway as a straight in approach, so i turn you to base, and then to interceptgiven the info that you gave, you would start your descent to 9000, then descend to 7000, and then fly heading 340 until you join the localizer, and you are cleared to 3200 until established.sometimes you will get multiple instructions, and you won't have time to acknowledge each one. just follow each instruction10000, 9000, 7000, fly heading 340, cleared to 3200 until established

Guest falpaol

ThanksRC seems simple......but has a million of secrets......Very great.One question. Is there a way to avoid from Approach ATC queued instruction so that I can receive these spaced 30'' each one...for example?I understand isn't very real complied but may be simpler.An option reserved to beginners to delay the last instruction before final....Continue your work.....very impressive.ThanksPaolo:-jumpy

sorry, that wouldn't be possible. you can always ask for the instructions to be repeated. by default, that would be the ctrl-shift-/ keyjd

Guest falpaol

Yes,I ask for a replay but often, while I'm copying data on a paper, my FS2002 Pro CRASHES.... and I feel desperate.....Why?RC is perfect until that point, also with some repetion during the cruise.One o two replay in approach point for vectors instruction crashes my FS.Paolo