Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthewM

Crazy ATC

Guest MatthewM

I'm flying the PSS DASH8. The top picture shows default FS. Holy cow! They vectored me over thirty miles from the airport! The bottom is RC. Much nicer. But I do have a question. I'd like to fly the plan that I filed. In this case the green line. ATC begins to vector me to turn left to get me in line for the ILS RWY 8. However, I'd like to fly the plan and shoot the entire ILS procedure. If I declare the IAP to ILS RWY 8, does that mean that I don't have to turn to 240 and just maintain the flight path that I filed?Thanks.-Matt

is the green line your flight plan? wow.how far is it from departure to arrival airport?after you contact approach, and you ask for an iap ils rwy8 approach, you are on your own. you fly it. approach assumes you know how.so the bottom line, is yes, that would work for you.jd

Guest MatthewM

Yeah, the green line is the flight plan. In this case KSEA to KCLM. As you can see I nearly doubled my flight miles. Too bad we can't get frequent flyer miles for that! :)The flight plan shown is roughly 80 miles. Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. RC gets better and better all the time.

80 miles is right on the borderline of a terminal enroute flight (no center controller, just departure handing off to approach), or a regular flight.either way, you should be able to request an iap ils appjd

Guest toml

Matt,What program is that, and where can I find it? Oh yeah, and is it compatible with FS2004?TomKONT

Guest MatthewM

Greetins Tom,The program is FS Flight Keeper. It's a really nice logbook application. The programmer/developer did a really nice job on it. The screen that you see is from the flight path screen. There's also a flight weather screen that you can use to do your planning. The program is also a "Black Box" that captures and logs a wealth of info. I used it one time to determine why I crashed on final approach. After looking at the report I found that my flap setting was wrong causing me to stall. Pretty cool.Check it out at:http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/FLKeeper/default.aspI highly reccomend it.-Matt