Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Cleveland Hopkins Runways

jd, I am using Shez Ansari's Cleveland Hopkins KCLE scenery in FS9. I've noticed that RC3.1 tells me to taxi to r/w 5R a lot. The runways at Hopkins have been redesignated 6L/R - 24L/R with the old 5L-23R being used as a holding pad. I noticed that in r.txt the runways are still designated as 5L-23R and 5R-23L. I changed these to 6R-24L and 6L-24R. Current runways at KCLE should be: KCLE,6017,150,10,99,0 KCLE,8999,150,24L,237,109.9 KCLE,6800,150,24R,237,111.55 KCLE,6017,150,28,279,110.7 KCLE,6800,150,6L,57,111.55 KCLE,8999,150,6R,57,111.9 I believe that the 4th number should be the runway heading correct? I've changed these to match the heading in FS9. I noticed that most of the headings in r.txt are off by as much as 5 degrees. Example is KIAH where in FS9 (and 2002) r/w 15L is 147 degrees but is shown as 152 degrees. I am assuming that the first number is the runway length, the 2nd the width, the 3rd the runway designation, the 4th the heading (???) and the 5th the ILS freq. Am I off in my thinking here? Thanks,Steve

right on. the reason for the difference in headings are magnetic variationbut for rcv3.1 i use the runways.csv file, not r.txt :-)jd

Oops. Didn't think about the .csv file. Are the readings in your files true heading vs magnetic on the Jepp sheets? (or do I have that backward?)

invariably i will say the wrong thing :-)i'm guessing :-) that the headings are magnetic, since they are the true heading +/- the magnetic variationjd