Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian McLaren

Westbound Flight Levels

Guest Ian McLaren

HiI am using RC V3.1 Build 2205 with FS2004. I have recently done 2 flights (KJFK to KIAH and KIAH to KSNA) both with a selected cruise of FL350.The RC controller gave me climb instructions to 15,000, FL230 and FL330 before clearing me to FL350.As both flights were Westbound should I have not been given Even altitudes and flight levels?ThanksIan

Ian,According to the rules west-bound flight levels are even up to FL280 after which they become odd. So... 260,280,310,350,390.For eastbound the flight levels are odd all the way... 250, 270, 290, 330, 370, 410...That would then maintain 2,000ft of vertical separation.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Ian McLaren

Hi RayThanks for the reply. I guess I didn't phrase my question too well :-)As the westbound levels are as you mention I would have expected something like 16,000 - FL240 - FL310 and then FL350 instead of the 15,000 - FL230 - FL330 that I got on both flights.I wonder how RC decides on the direction of flight when analysing the flight plan to set up the altitude levels?ThanksIan

Guest Scott Campbell

Ian,As of yet, RC doesn't know about EB or WB, but it will some day. RC now just gives you the altitude you file for, and has the stock altitudes in between.

Guest Ian McLaren

Hi ScottOK that explains things. Look forward to RC knowing about EB and WB altitudes/flight levels sometime in the future.ThanksIan

Hi Ian,My misunderstanding - sorry. I know what you mean and I see Scott has explained the situation. This may be something JD can look at. I too would also like some variation on the flight levels the aircraft is cleared to.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Be advised, that not all the World uses EB/WB. It should be checked, but in Italy South/North is used because of geographical reason. Perhaps, it should be parameter in RC for every FIR ? And ATC should issue clearences for transitions beetwen two FIR with diffrent rules.And what about North Atlantic MNPS based on fixed and one-way tracks ?The same problem for Trans-Polar flights via Iceland FIR.When it is FIR dependent then for Shanwick OCA it can be configured in that way.

Guest airtel

Is RCv3.1 RVSM capable? I see from the other posts that the old 2000' seperation is what is being given as clearances.Or am I being too realistic? :-)

Guest airtel

hehehe I will as soon as I receive the package :( !

Guest Scott Campbell

Adrian,Rick would have to verify, but I think RC 3.01 is what's shipping. When you get the CD, make sure you have downloaded the 3.1 from the RC site and use that. It's the most up to date.

correct. 3.1 is still beta. you will have to download it. and all the wav updates, but scott can explain that one :-)jd

Guest airtel

>Adrian,>>Rick would have to verify, but I think RC 3.01 is what's>shipping. When you get the CD, make sure you have downloaded>the 3.1 from the RC site and use that. It's the most up to>date.>I sure will! Thanks for the info. (I'm like an expectant father eager with anticipation... Sad really :))

Guest Scott Campbell

Well, if someone needs help, they can always e-mail me...or there's always Rick. :-lolHowever, pick up the full wav update package from the Flight Deck's RC page (link below) and unzip as the readme says. Also pick up the optional contoillers, 11 and 12.