Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gringo

Problems running RC . Help !!

Guest Gringo

I have moved to FS9 but still use FS2002 (got a a high capacity HD).I downloaded RC v3.1 exe built 2205 and new controllers wavs 11 and 12 (from Scott Campbell site).To save on some real state I alias the controllers, Pilots and Winwood files to those in the RC installation in FS2002. Can this be done ?The only thing that I have not not installed are those files called RC "WAV Update Full", mainly because I did not really understood where to install these wavs. Is this estrictly necessary ? Where do I put these wavs ?.Also can I get rid of of RCv3.exe and RCv3b.exe. These were in the FS2002 RC folder. -----------------------------------------------HERE is my problem. I have made new apl files from new FSNav 4.6 and when I start RCv 3.1 built 2205, everything goes fine. I hear the ATIs and the firt Menu shows up. But when I try to activate line # 2 to get my Clearance, nothin happens. I can not get the CD no matter how many times I click at #2 at the correct com frequency.Would appreciate your advice.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=1]Proud pilot of [link:www.flymeridian.com]Meridian Airline][/b

Guest RickT

Hi Edmundo,First thing you need to do is install rcwavupdatefull.zip. That is the reason you are not hearing anything. You will also need 11.zip and 12.zip from Scott's site if you have not installed them yet. Each zip file should be extracted to program filesrcv30winwood. Installation instructions are in each zip in a file called wavupdate.txt.RCv3.1 will work with both FS2002 and FS2004. All you need is one instance of RCv3.1 on your hard drive. There is no reason to alais the controller files. They should all be kept in the winwood folder in your RC directory.

not sure what you mean by alias. but, i think i know what you mean, and no you can't do it.you should only have one rc directory. rcv3.exe and rcv31.exe can live in the same directory. the same winwood directory is used by both rcv3.exe and rcv31.exe, so there is no duplication of wav files.something else, you should really really be using .pln files, not .apl files. i can do many more things with the .pln files.not sure why you are not hearing cd. is the menu changing after you press #2? if it is staying at clearance, then rc is not seeing your keystrokes.you might have to change to ctrl-shift-1, ctrl-shift-2, etc. does this happen on a stock ms plane and panel? or something special that might be looking for a "2" keystroke. any other add-on's running?jd

Guest Gringo

Rick:Thank you very much for your help. I just completed a flight with missed approach included.......You were right I added the wavs I had not included and everything worked fine.Only thing I did not add were tose Chatters named 88,89,90.Mainly because it is an overkill and also because I did not understand the instruction (English is not my native language).Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela ( Now in Decatur Georgia !)[tr][td rowspan=1]Proud pilot of [link:www.flymeridian.com]Meridian Airline][/b

Guest Gringo

I followed your advice and Ricks. Nothing is aliased now. Added missing WAVs and so far all works fine. Just complete my first flight in FS9.The only thing that I noticed, and it is confussin is that in the script adv display messages , some times a 2. is a 2.0 and sometimes it is a 7.0, or sometimes a 1.o is a 1. and some times it is a 7.For a new user this is confusing.The rest so far very good.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela ( Now in Decatur Georgia !)[tr][td rowspan=1]Proud pilot of [link:www.flymeridian.com]Meridian Airline][/b