Sign in to follow this  

XP Drivers for the VMAX Yoke

Guest Dave March

Hi All,Not sure if this is old news but I've just downloaded some XP drivers from the CH Products website to try with my VMAX (AETI) AFCS yoke and they work just great. I now have all 12 buttons fully functional again.Once installed the driver to use is listed as CH FlightSim Yoke PCI've also found it best after the initial calibration to recalibrate using FSUIPC.Hope it works for youCheersDave MarchFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

Mark,I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is in direct violation of the End User License Agreement that you had to agree to in order to install the software. I would not suggest this course of action for anyone. I would in fact contact the manufacturer of your controller to inquire when they will take it upon themselves to support their own product.Please don't make the mistake of installing software that was not designed for your hardware as there is no telling what it may or may not do to your system. As the software is not for your device you will not be able to hold anyone responsible for system crashes or data loss other than yourself.As per the software the agreement you will need to remove the new CH analog drivers from your system.Michael SextonSystems AdministratorCH Products

Guest Dave March

Michael,>Mark,Firstly, the name is Dave and not Mark, but perhaps we're all guilty of not always reading the small print word for word. Having said that I really can't believe you or your company could be so petty in issuing such a statement.>I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is in direct >violation of the End User License Agreement that you had to >agree to in order to install the software. I would not >suggest this course of action for anyone. I would in fact >contact the manufacturer of your controller to inquire when >they will take it upon themselves to support their own >product. The manufacturer in question has, as I understand it, been in contact with your company to query if and when you might be updating the licensed driver originally supplied with their product... the answer they received was that you were not planning such an update.>Please don't make the mistake of installing software that >was not designed for your hardware as there is no telling >what it may or may not do to your system. As the software >is not for your device you will not be able to hold anyone >responsible for system crashes or data loss other than >yourself. I wouldn't dream of asking CH Products for support and am quite capable of supporting my own systems.>>As per the software the agreement you will need to remove >the new CH analog drivers from your system. No, I will not be removing these drivers from my system as I also own and use a CH product. Of course, the moment I use a non CH product I will ensure I switch drivers.Thanks for confirming your intention to continuing supporting the flight sim community in much the same way as you have in the past.Dave MarchFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

Dave,<<>Well said. The CH "spokesman" reply to you was quite surprising and sounded a lot like the security checker at one of todays airport, when they ask the Captain of a 747 to leave his finger nail clippers in the contraband box due to "security reasons", while at the same time a 21 year old Natl Guardsman, armed with an M-16 with live rounds in the chamber, is dozing off while leaning against the xray machine.After almost a ONE YEAR WAIT for these drivers for WinXP, from CH, I would have expected a little more understanding from CH. Now, after attempting to install them while getting the Microsoft 'warning' that these drivers are not registered with Microsoft, but to go ahead and install them anyway with directions FROM CH....I still find that they don't work on my Dell system, a P4 2.4 mhz with WinXP.I just counted up my joysticks and yokes.....the ones that are on the shelf....and came up with a total of 6. Some are as old as 7 years........a couple are newer than 4 months. They are CH products...and they are on the shelf because the PFC JetLiner yoke outshines them greatly for realism.One day in the future when I actually get software drivers from CH that work under WinXP, I am going to do as you have stated. I have already paid the price to CH.Regards,Cap'n Tarmack

Give me a break! Don't tell me that AETI was using CH drivers without their permission!!?!? They even supplied them (on a floppy) with the yoke! Nice PR job, Mr. Sexton!

BobK

Dave, Cap'n, Bob, Thanks for this thread and I have to admit I find the response by CH quite puzzling and disappointing. Have been using the AETI Jetliner Yoke for 2 years now and have found nothing else that comes close, with the CH drivers that were provided with the hardware. Am close to upgrading my system from a now low-grade W98SE 1GHZ to a Dell P4 2+GHZ and Win XP. One of the main reasons I've held off is I was patiently waiting for CH products to update their drivers so that I could use this gameport hardware with XP and use all of the functionality with the yoke. Guess I'm back in a hold again until I figure this one out...Chris (PHNL)

Gentlemen,Both PFC and AETI have been made aware that they...a) Did not pay for the old drivers and we had a casual verbal agreement to let them use the old drivers. , as well as the fact that they may continue to use the old drivers.:( The new drivers were expensive for us to have written and they are not to make use of them at all (as they have made no offers to license them what so ever).At no time have we implied, hinted at, or otherwise stated out right that the drivers under development were for use on their products. On the contrary we have told them via e-mail and phone conversations time and time again that these are for CH controllers and only for CH controllers. They have chosen to ignore this and have been making promises to you their customers on false premises.I do not want to sound like a software ##### but the drivers were built with our money for our customers. I have gone as far as to state to you and them that if you are using them for non-CH products then you are in the wrong.If you have CH game port products then by all means download and try these drivers. If you have an issue with them or their install please do not hesitate to contact us here at CH. But once again if you are using these drivers for a devices that did not come from CH then you are using it illegally and I will not encourage what accounts to theft.

CHProd,<>I kinda wonder how you are gonna get through the night with those kind of thoughts in your head.Imagine trying to "police" the web from millions of users that may dare to download CH drivers, purported to work with WinXP and published without a requirement to enter a password or to send money first before the eager beaver hits the Unzip key.Perhaps you could sleep better, had you included in any kind of a Readme.txt file containing a notice that AETI and PFC are in bad standing with CH and that they have not sent in their dues for the new drivers, therefore such customers of PFC and AETI need to immediately delete their download?Before the cops show up?I would think that if a sim pilot already has 6 CH products on his shelf.....he could at least use a CH driver, if it worked, at least ONCE in any manner he/she chose to attempt.Well, I guess not, according to your message, but I can tell you this....I ain't gonna lose any of MY sleep over it.Grin.