Sign in to follow this  
Guest falpaol

Rwy , wind and no holding.......

Guest falpaol

HiNow my 3.1beta is ok and great but I've noted 2 strange things:1) I've repeated my approach in the same airport more time and I received always vectoring to the same rwy, often with tailwind.2) In options I've set 100% holdings and .....never.Atc didn't give me an holding pattern!Why that?ThanksPaolo (Italy)

1) if you do multi missed approaches, or go-arounds, you will always be given the same runway. if you want something different request it during your missed approach vectors or holding pattern2) if your last checkpoint is not a VOR/DME, then you won't be held. there is nothing to reference in terms of distancejd

Guest falpaol

Ok for point 2.It's true ,I didn't indicate a VOR/DME as last checkpoint.But come back to point 1...I didn't make a missed approach.I've just tried a simple approach with notam set and vectoring to RWY.ATC in this case could give me a vector to the RWY in use,wind depending.This didn't happen.Could you tell me how can I obtain the useful RWY against the wind without make my request?CiaoPaolo

sorry. back to 1)rc will prefer an ils equipped rwy over a non ils equipped rwy, regardless of the wind direction.check the atis, and if you don't want the ils, but rather have a headwind, request a different rwyjd