Sign in to follow this  
Guest A386

Future of RC ?

Guest Badger

Hi jd,In Fs2004 there is a special page in the kneeboard for ATC messages, I was thinking of that page, not the one where you write your own notesRegardsMark

i didn't know that. where is it? how do i get to it? is it just an html file i need to write and overwrite?jd

Guest Scott Campbell

Mark,I know about the briefing page, which is loaded with a plan and FS displays the description here if one exists; but I don't know of a page that displays ATC messages. Would you please point to it in the kneeboard?Better still, snap a shot.

I actually started recording a controller set and found it quite easy. What wasn't easy for me was compressing (is that the right word for removing pre- and post-voice noise?). I had no software to do it (maybe I didn't understand how to use it), and none of my software would "batch" anything. That was my major obstacle, the manual sound editing.Also, the price of good editing software, such as Sound Forge.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest Badger

jd, Scott,Sorry I haven't got back too you, I've been busy at work and then stuck in bed with the flu.I'll post a pic tonight (uk time) after work.RegardsMark

Guest Scott Campbell

Mark,I know what you're talking about now. You're talking about the "Radio" section. I have no idea what that actually is. I have had the same communication between a helicopter and ground since I installed FS9.If you are getting dynamic radio chatter, please let me know what you have done to get it. I could read the manual I suppose.

Guest Badger

Hi Scott,Sorry I'm not keeping up with this thread. Yes it is the Radio page I'm talking about.I've always had dynamic comms between my aircraft and the FS9 controller. I haven't done anything special to get it. I'm just installing Paintshop to sort out a screen shot for you.RegardsMark

Guest Badger

Hi ScottAs promised, here is a screen shot, taken on-route to Strom.I hope you can see that there is plenty of interaction and the shot shows that I've just cancelled my IFR flight.The screen shot shows exactly what ATC said to me, it doesn't show my answers. This is normal in the sim.Is this the same as you get?RegardsMark

Guest Scott Campbell

Mark,No. As I said, all I have is some ancient helicopter communications from I-don't-know-when, and I-don't-know-where. It's always been there. But then I don't use FSATC either.