Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashproof

What`s That There...

Guest crashproof

I was cleared for take-off by RC at EGHH. When I got near take off point, there was another aircraft sitting there.I tried again, and this time made it to Dublin. Cleared for landing, I came in and just as I landed an aircraft taxied on to the runway in front of me.I have turned of the Flight Sim ATC. Could this be causing the problem?crashproof

what do you mean "When I got near take off point". you shouldn't have called tower until you were at the hold short line, and ready to go. you're not saying what version of rc you are running. only 3.1 beta is ai awareregardless of whether fs atc is on or off, ai planes will still taxi onto the active runway, whether you are landing or not. remember, i can't control ai planes. ms will not release an sdk, and doubtfull anyone will figure it out on their own.jd

Guest crashproof

`what do you mean "When I got near take off point".`I mean I am at rotate point. I have been cleared for take off and am making all haste to get airborne. I am actually virtually airborne. I`m sorry, I thought my meaning was plain.I`m using version 3.1, which you say is A1 aware.But then you say `i can't control ai planes` which I find slightly confusing.If nothing can be done about this, then thats ok. I just wanted to be sure I wasn`t doing anything wrong.Cheers crashproof

oh. that is a little different than what i thought you meant.if you are on a takeoff roll, and a plane appears on the runway, i can't do anything about it. if you wanted, you could have aborted the takeoff (the menu item is there), and tried againwhen i say i can't control ai aircraft, i mean, i can't make them taxi, or stop taxiing. i can't make them climb or descend. i can't make them turn left or turn right. i can only see them, and take actions for the your/our plane.jd