Sign in to follow this  
Guest KeithH

RC For Real IFR Training

Guest KeithH

Hello, I'm new to the boards. I have started to use MSFS 2004 to help me with my real IFR training. I use it to practice my scan and procedures. As I discover other aspects of MSFS that will help with my IFR training, I'll incorporate them. I guess my question goes to you real IFR pilots. Can RC provide a realistic enough environment for me to practice my clearences, holds and approaches as well as the enroute stuff? I'm going to buy RC regardless to have some fun; however, I was hoping I could incorporate some/all aspects into my real training...thanks for your time....regards....Keith

i have received many emails like this:I just wanted to say thanks for an amazing program. I started real flight training the other day out of KBED (class E towered under the KBOS B shelf) and my instructor was amazed at how well I was able to manage the radio and work with the controllers, even including a traffic incursion forced go-around on short final, all without even batting an eye. Not bad for 1 in the logbook ;0 I owe all the radio work and call knoweldge to RC, and just wanted to let you know that the quality of the program is making a difference out here to those who take it seriously.