Sign in to follow this  
Guest MSMITH6

New User Questions

Guest MSMITH6

As per the subject line, I'm a brand new user. Only could fire it up for a brief period last night and have the following issues:1. The text display (AdvDisp?) is garbled with red boxes and truncated text. What's the problem? The green display box goes all the way across the monitor, yet the text is basically only on the left 2 inches.2. I guess you have to Alt-Tab to start both programs? I started MSFS 2004 then Alt-Tab to desktop to start RC. Is there a better way?3. Haven't tried turning hardware acceleration down yet, but why are voices so draggy? MSFS voices aren't. Also, I'm hearing additional voices besides RC. Are those from the MSFS ATC system? Do most of you turn these off? How is that done? Is there any benefit to leaving them on?Have Pentium 4 2.8 GHz with Radeon 9800. Using Cat 3.6 drivers I believe.Thanks in advance!Mike Smith

if you have garbled menus in a green window, you don't have advdisp enabled, configured and dockedyou can start fs2004, start rc, load the plan, set your options, click start rc, and back to fs2004there are several command line switches you can use to speed up the slow speech. they should be on the web site under faq's, or in the instructions that came with your key. or rick can refresh all of our memories on what they are :-)jd

Guest RickT

Mike,To enable Adv Display please run Flight Simulator. Click on the Modules menu item. A menu will drop down. One of the selections will be Adv Display. Click on it. Now Adv Display should come up and you can move it and size it and dock it.These are the command line switches to be used.Find your RCv3 icon (if you haven't made one it will be on your Start Menu). Click your right mouse button and choose Properties. In version 3.01 you need to add one of the following command line switches to the target line in your RCv3 shortcut. Most people find that adding /high works fine. But you can try the other examples if you wish. a) To increase the priority to high, the target line for the shortcut will be "c:Program Filesrcv3rcv3.exe" /high :( For realtime, it will be "c:Program Filesrcv3rcv3.exe" /realtime c) For low, it will be "c:Program Filesrcv3rcv3.exe" /low

Guest MSMITH6

Rick-I have version 3.1, so I don't need the command line switches, correct?Also, I do have the checkmark on enable AdvDisplay.When moving and resizing the popup, the graphic of the box smears. Once I position it, it will clear up AFTER clicking on it.Mike Smith

Guest RickT

Some people have reported that the voice response improves if they use the /high command line switch with RCv3.1. Try it and see if it improves the response. You are correct you do not need the switches with RCv3.1.