Sign in to follow this  
Guest RWSturm

Abandon RC

Guest RWSturm

Well... I haven't been able to get RC3.1 to work on my new XP system and FS-2004. The last attempt was to uninstall and reinstall which turns out to be a bad move because of registration (it won't register). I'm tired of playing around with it! If I decide I want to run RC, I will go to my Win98 system and run it with FS-2002. The only thing I REALLY miss is the co-pilot. Maybe I'll start working on writing a co-pilot only program, unless, of course, someone beats me to it. It looks like I'm the only one with this problem...I don't see any other complaints. Anyway, when the full operational, bug-free version for FS-2004 is available, let me know (I'm hoping that all previous registered users will be notified). I have used RC since it's inception, and think it is a great add on!

what's wrong. what are the symptoms? what is or isn't working?uninstalling rc won't kill the registration (unless you reinstall windows too..) send your new product key to register@jdtllc.com and he'll send you a key.don't give up, we haven't lost a user yet...jd

Guest RWSturm

JD,I uninstalled all RC versions and on reinstall, it asked for registration and would not accept the last product key.You and I worked on the issues via email regarding the problems I had with version 3.1 not working on my computer (Win XP). First, it wouldn't run at all... I would get a Microsoft error message. You sent me another build which then allowd RC to start, but then it wouldn't load the flight plans completely. I sent you one of my flight plans, you emailed back that it worked for you. That's when I decided to uninstall and reinstall version 3.0 and 3.1. When I ran into the registration problem, I finally had enough. Playing around with it was cutting into what little flying time I have available. Don't misunderstand me... You guys do a fantastic job when it comes to product support. I'm just frustrated! I need to get back in the air, with or without ATC. Bob Sturmbob@peopleplustraining.com