Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

I sometimes can't hear controller voice

There are sometimes when flying on AP my copilot responds to controller commands that I don't hear.I have installed the uodate files.Is this normal?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest RickT

What version of Radar Contact are you running? If you upgraded to version 3.1 did you download and install all required files listed in our FAQ?It sounds like you are missing some files. How many files do you have in Winwood folders 2 - 12?

I am running 3.1 and have installed rcv3/11,12,rcwavupdatefull.I am not at my other computer right now.How many files should I have in winwood folders 2-12?Thanks,Ron

Guest RickT

There should be 1134 files in each folder.

Guest airtel

Hi Rick,I sometimes have the same problem, or the voice is unintelligible.Would it not be better to either have a log to refer to, or a "Confirm last instruction or clearance".I frequently get on handover after the original take off clearance of "Climb and maintain FL60" - "Maintain FL120" even though I was never cleared to climb. In other words the "Climb" portion of the clearance is ommitted. I have checked all the file areas as previously mentioned and i am showing 1134 files in each folder.

Guest airtel

Hi Rick,I sometimes have the same problem, or the voice is unintelligible.Would it not be better to either have a log to refer to, or a "Confirm last instruction or clearance".I frequently get on handover after the original take off clearance of "Climb and maintain FL60" - "Maintain FL120" even though I was never cleared to climb. In other words the "Climb" portion of the clearance is ommitted. I have checked all the file areas as previously mentioned and i am showing 1134 files in each folder.

Guest RickT

You will have to discuss the possibility of adding a log with JD.Have you tried turning Pilot Auto-Reply off? You are given an addtional command of repeat last instruction when Pilot Auto-Reply is off. This setting is discussed on page 86 of the RCv3 manual.

I was looking at it last night and I think I created the problem changing file names etc. to remove foreign accents for North American flights.I changed 2 back to the original.I still have 2 files in the 1-12 renamed I think.I have 2x&5x along with2 & 5.I should probably just have files 1-12?I changed that stuff a while back so I am not sure exactly what I did,but I can probably figure it out if I know which files I should have.Thanks,Ron

Guest airtel

Does enabling this option prevent you from using the co-pilot?I like to hand over radios to the co-pilot just before take-off!

Guest RickT

No it does not prevent you from using the co-pilot. However, you will have to manually acknowledge each trasmission from the controller.