Sign in to follow this  
Guest otwer22

Questions on a WideFS Installation of RC V3

Guest otwer22

Hi! I ordered V3 cd this past weekend and have a few questions on installation before my disk arrives.First of all I plan on installing RC V3 on a networked PC connected using WideFS. I read the installation portion of the manual, and it states that a selection needs to be made regarding the version of FS to install for. 1. Can the installation be made to work for both FS2002 and FS2004? on the one WideFS networked PC? I plan on upgrading some day to FS2004.2. Since this PC is WideFS configured is there any issues with not having any FS folders installed on the PC when installing RC?Thanks, Scott

1) you can install rc for fs2004, and copy the advdisp.dll and fsuipc.dll to the fs2002modules directory. that is the only reason i ask which sim you are installing to, so i know where to put the .dll2) i don't think so.jd

Guest otwer22

Thanks for the reply. I recently just purchased the FSUIPC and WideFS so I have the latest installed, will Radar contact write over the versions I have or will it see that I allready have them installed and ignore that. Just curious, as I could re-install the latest version anyway.Thanks, Scott

Guest RickT

You will need to reinstall the latest versions.