Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FSD Piper Cheyenne 400

I am very interested in this FSD Piper Cheyenne 400. Some of you will know that I like Flight Unlimited 3, and one of the best features of this is the VFR cockpit view. I have just had a look at some of the screenshots of the Cheyenne 400, and this seems to have an excellent VFR cockpit panel (quite unlike anything that I have seen in MSFS before). Can anyone here give me any information regarding this aircraft ? The twin turboprop configuration is perfect for me, since this is the type of aircraft that I like best. However, I would also like to know the following:-Is the aircraft stable at low speeds ?Is it responsive to throttle and control input ?Is it very well detailed (3D model, undercarriage, interior views) ?Can it operate from short runways ?Any advice that you can give regarding these aspects (or anything else) would be greatly appreciated.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm also looking into buying this aircraft in the next few days. Here is what I've found:1. FSD has a remarkable reputation as a leading developer of quality MSFS add-ons.2. The feedback/reviews of this plane on this forum has been overwhelmingly positive.3. This post from Steve Small (a recognized leader of developing flight dynamics) is what really won me over:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...um=DCForumID8#8You might also want to look at the Cessna 421 from Flight1. I believe Steve did the .air file for this plane too -- he seems to get around. :-lol- Kenny B

"Is the aircraft stable at low speeds ?"Yes, its very stable on approach as long as you have enough power on."Is it responsive to throttle and control input ?"Controls yes, at least as responsive as a large aircraft like this should be - its not an Extra 300!Throttle no, lots of lag in the throttle. There's been some discussion about this in the forum, and the consensus seems to be that this is correct. There are some issues with the way FS2k2 handles turboprop engines, but Steve Small and FSD have done a stellar job of overcoming them. (Steve, in various posts here and on FSD's web site has left us all with no doubt about his opinion of Microsoft's code in this area) ;)"Is it very well detailed (3D model, undercarriage, interior views) ?"Absolutely. Including an interior that you can "walk around" in. Let George fly it while you rest back in the cabin area!"Can it operate from short runways ?"I guess that depends on what you mean by "short". It can easily fly in and out of Meigs. The POH specifies "takeoff over 50ft obstacle" as 1,930ft and landing over 50ft as 2280ft.

You will not be disappointed. I promiseBobG

I you look at the past and current contributions to the hobby you will see that the FSD Team has and is the biggest contibutor to the quality that you get whenever you download or purchase an aircraft addon.They set the standard in ninety eight percent of the features that everyone looks for. This is apparent not only in the freeware that they create in abundance but in the continued support of past creations.The porter is a prime example. It raised the bar in FS2000 and its going to raise the bar again in FS2002. Right now the Cheyenne is simple the best overall flying experience that can be found in FS2K2. Its the biggest bang for the bucks. In fact its the biggest bang period. The only company out there that can raise the bar any higher is FSD and they probably will with the new PorterDennis Charles

Thanks for the advice guys. You are all starting to convince me that the Cheyenne 400 is the one to go for. It looks good (based on the screenshots that I have seen), it has a VFR panel (absolutely essential to an FU3 pilot), and it's a twin turboprop. Judging by the various comments on this thread, it seems that I would have plenty more to look forward to when I get my hands on it !Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png