Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Couple of suggestions for next build/version

Just a couple of suggestions that would increase the realism for me, if this is even possible of course!1) Is it possible to randomly get RC to lift the 250 kts speed restriction on departure? I know you can request it, but it would be a hell of a lot more realistic if RC randomly lifted it for you.2) Again, is it possible for RC to randomly allocate you different cruise levels to what you have requested. Not all the time, but every now and again get me to choose a different level due to traffic or something.Don't know if these are possible, just though I'd mention it.Cheers for the great program-keep up the good work.-Phil

anything is possible :-)1) we will do something with this in the future, especially as it pertains to flying in europe2) i suppose. i'd have to get a green light from the boss (doug)jd

Guest Doug Thompson

Awrite ya'all!, de's a nu sherifff in town }(! Sorry, couldn't resist :-).#1 - Don't know about euro, but randomly lifting the speed restriction would be unrealistic in the States. If one of our Euro controllers can confirm it's done, we can accomplish via dept lat-longs (John?).#2 - Sure, absolutely. If I'm not mistaken it's already on the list. John, under this "condition", the alternate final altitude assignment will have to be followed by "That'll be your final" so the pilot isn't left wondering. Also, depending on flight length, all inflight requests for the original altitude must be unabled. Only logical.Remember all, careful what you ask for. There are consequenses to everything!

Remember all, careful what you ask for. There are consequenses to everything! Yeah, but I'll still be lobbying for user definable flow times for ground delay programs in RCv4. :7Mike CKPHX

Guest airtel

#1 - Don't know about euro, but randomly lifting the speed restriction would be unrealistic in the States. If one of our Euro controllers can confirm it's done, we can accomplish via dept lat-longs (John?).I can confirm that although 250 below FL100 is standard in europe, most controllers will cancel speed restrictions unless they are extremely busy. It is also not uncommon to be allowed to maintain high speed in excess of 300 knots almost to short finals.typically on approach into Gatwick I was cleared 300kts minimum until MAY vor which is on a timba 2b star even though the star called for 250 below FL150 at bexhil.Hope this helps.

i can do it by center "number". just need to know which ones would be eligible for the "need for speed"check out the airspace.csv file for the center "numbers"jd

Guest airtel

Hi jd,I can honestly say that you could change pretty much the whole of europe including scandinavia, eastern europe, the whole of Africa and most of the middle east. To be honest, i cannot think off hand any places that deny the cancellation of speed restriction.My personal flying experience is fairly worldwide except for south america and australia. I suppose you could include a user option on the set up menu allow 250kts below 10000 cancellation check box.Have you had any input from other pilots in this regard?

in that case, it would be quicker to just make it pertinant to the usa centers, and everyone else can have the speed they needjd

Any pertinence to the Options value 250 knot Altitude here if you are remaining outside airspace where the speed restriction is usually lifted? Can you put in a low altitude to effectively negate it?

"Can you put in a low altitude to effectively negate it?"You can, indeed, Ronzie. I used to set something like 2000ft in the box to simulate airways flying in the UK where the speed restriction is often lifted on departure. As far as I can tell, all it does is stop the speed "watchdog" from yelling at you but it's an effective workaround for the time being.Pete

Guest troyboy66

I'm not sure if this is possible or has already been covered, but if I save a situation in FS9 whereas I'm in mid flight, then exit flight sim and restart from the same situation and then load up RC3, it always revert me back to the beginning of the flight planExample:Saved Flightplan- (kord-klax) FL370, one hour into the flightRestart FS9 and select the save flight which takes me back to where I left off..Load up RC3 and select the same flightplan, I'm reverted back to KORD at FL370...Is there anyway we can make RC3.1 not do this? Does this make sense?Troy

Guest RickT

Hi Troy,You must save the flight plan in RCv3 if you want to continue the flight later using RC.

Guest airtel

Are you sure that the US centres stick to the speed limit regimentally? I cannot recall for certain, but I remember one flight from newark to le bourget where I think they lifted the speed restriction - I'm not sure though.Have you had any further thoughts about the TOD point calculation or are you going to leave it at height/210 ?

Guest troyboy66

Really! I'll check it out tonight...Thanks Rick.Troy