Sign in to follow this  
Guest dsflyer

cannot hear RC when flying FS9

Guest dsflyer

I upgraded my comp today and reinstalled fs9 and RC. The problem i have is that RC is not working together with fs9, but when i come out of flight mode it seems to operate fine... any help much appreciated;)

Guest RickT

Have you upgraded to RCv3.1? RCv3 and RCv3.01 will not work with FS9. Please see our FAQ http://www.jdtllc.com/faqs.htm for details. It sounds like you need to install the additional wav files listed in the FAQ including controllers 11 and 12.

Guest dsflyer

Hi Rick., i have update 3.1 installed and the 11 and 12 wave files as well as RCwav update. I did install fs9 after i installed RC but didnt think that would cause problem

Guest RickT

Did you copy FSUIPC.DLL and Advdisplay.dll to Flight Simulator 9Modules?How many files do you have in rcv30Winwood 2-12?Also check your sound settings in FS2004. Options|Settings|Sound - make sure Lessons/flights is checked and the slider is at least half way across the bar.

Guest dsflyer

FSUIPC.dll and advdisplay are installed in fs9 modules.Sound option is checked and flight/lessons is set at least half way.,I installed creative labs sound blaster PCI123 today

Guest RickT

That is an older model sound card and I do not think it is capable of multi-channel operation. I would think about replacing that card with either a Sound Blaster Live or Sound Blaster Audigy card.

Guest dsflyer

ok i'll do that, i took my comp to a retailer for a new processor and they changed my sound card to! thanks for a great product by the way.,

Guest Scott Campbell

One last note. Also make sure you have the latest releases of FSUIPC and AdvDisp from Pete's site.RC v3.1 needs the latest FSUIPC to work properly. You don't need to pay for or register it if you are only using RC and FS_Meteo or Activesky. There are a few other programs out there that self-register with FSUIPC, but I don't know what they are. However, I highly recommend paying for it because it does so much to clean up FS's mess.