Sign in to follow this  
Guest hkro

no gate assigned on arrival

Guest hkro

Using RC3.11 (still beta?) with FS9, When I arrive at the destination airport, getting out the runway, I'm always told "go to the ramp" meaning, I'm never assigned any specific gate which is kind of frustrating...is it normal? if not how can this be fixed?Thanks,Herve.

Herve,Have you entered a gate number in the Controller Info screen? If you have then perhaps you haven't downloaded and installed the extra voice sets available here. http://fsflightdeck.com/rcv3/Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest hkro

Ray,many thanks for the explanation; no i did not fill the gate box in the controller info page.... will do now.It must be this since I got all the files you specified.Thanks again,Cheers,:-) Herve.

Herve,If you don't enter a value in the destination gate you will hear Taxi to Gate". I'm sure once you enter a gate number you'll hear it called out.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Scott Campbell

You'll actually be told to "Taxi to the ramp".As well as a gate or stand number, 1..1000000, "A1", "B45", "F103" etc., special gates are "GA" for General Aviation Parking, and "CA" for Cargo.

Well,I wonder how to get any nice info to which gate I have to taxi to when I fly a specific airline. I do not know every detail of the terminals and there gates of every airport I fly from and to.AFCAD2004 knows the gates and the airlines, if the right AFCAD bgl is used and my UT2004 knows where to park the AIs. But I do not know at which gate no AI will be, so I have a spot, etc.

Guest Scott Campbell

Torben,The only way I know a specific gate at an airport is open is to take one out of the AI parking list, then keep a record of all the gates I know will be open.Otherwise, it's anyone's guess.I don't know how else to get an open gate at the specific terminal (other than the default FS airport settings :-erks), except to play real-world and sit there until your gate opens up 3 hours later (hey, it happens). ;-)