Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark Hazeldine

RC4?

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Hi, i have not bought radar contact yet as RC3 doesn't interact properly with AI. But i hear that you've started work on RC4 which WILL be able to control AI. So can you tell me any more about it? Will it be a full replacement for FS9 ATC? and (this is not a request for a release date) can you give a rough guess on how long it might take to develop. i.e: 1 month, 6 months or even a year, just so i (we) have an idea.Thanks VERY much, i look forward to RC4, Mark

actually 3.1 does interact with ai. it does not control ai, but it does control you, and let's you know what the ai planes are doing. 3.1 will even hold you short when taxiing out if there is a plane on the runway or on short final. 3.1 will give you a go around if one of those silly ai planes taxis out on to the runway when you are on short final. rc even talks to the other ai planes.4.0 - there is a saying around this group. quality not calendar. the fact that there are very few bug fixes to a complex program like rc speaks volumes to what quality not quantity.so i won't say that 4.0 will be ready 11/28/04.but i can tell you 4.0 will not be out in a month, nor in 6 months. my guess, about a year, give or take a few months.how would you like rc to "interact properly" with ai? that might help set the scope of things to do in 4.0jd

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Ok, good answer.What i'd like is to not have to FS's ATC voices at all. I'd like to hear RC give flightplan clearances to the AI, tell them to taxi to the runway, give them permission to take off and land, vector them and give the traffic warnings. And maybe if RC could put them in holds and improve upon their sequencing for landing at busy airports, well that would be amazing!Oh and if i'm in England i don't want to hear an american tell my i can take off!