Sign in to follow this  
KevinJH

Traffic avoidance +

New user; apologies if these have already been asked. 1) On a flight KLBB-KSTL I was twice told to change my heading to avoid traffic. No problem there except that AI Viewer showed that on the first instruction, the nearest a/c was 30 miles away going in the opposite direction and on the second I was instructed to turn towards an a/c 5000' above me on a parallel course. What are the expected precedents for these calls (apart from "do as you're told" of course !) ?and 2) I don't seem to be hearing any voice interaction with ground AI. I do have recommended add-on .wav files loaded. Any suggestions ?Many thanks in advanceKevin

what version of rc are you using, and what version of flight simulator?if you have the traffic slider set to anything but zero, on the rc options page, then you will hear these phantom vectors. sometimes you are vectored, sometimes you aren't. if you don't like the phantom calls, turn the slider to 0in 3.1, rc does not talk to every ai plane, just ones ready for take off, others that are getting a traffic alert for your plane. if there is no default chatter files in the are you fly, there will be some synthetic chatter generated to nearby aircraftjd

i'd go ahead and download the 3.1 beta. the links and faq's are in the anchored post at the top of the forum. it will work with fs98, fs2k, fs2k2 and fs2k4jd

And after installing the beta, be sure to check the Interact with AI in the options box in addition to adjusting the sliders as recommended by jd. Note that you will need to acquire a later 3.1x version of FSUIPC which requires user payware registration for all features (recommended by me and others) but RC3.1 should register itself at no cost to you for the features it needs.I do enjoy the traffic alert call-outs.

OK, got the 3.1 JD, thanks. And thanks to Ronzie too for the advice - already had the FSUIPC but will go with your advice.:-beerchugKevin