Sign in to follow this  
Guest MSMITH6

RC Won't Start

Guest MSMITH6

Hey Guys-Since I'm at work and not at my computer, I'm not sure this will be a complete enough question but:RC will not start for me. Get error referring to kernel32.dll. I'm using Win XP, FS 2004, Radeon 9700 Pro, Pent IV 2.8 GHz with 1 Gb RAM, Audigy 2. All drivers are up to date with Cat 3.9s.I have all the update files to Radar Contact and I am using a registered version of FSUIPC (3.11).Suggestions?Thanks,Mike Smith

what version of rc? what build of 3.1 if you are using 3.1?fsuipc current version is 3.125has it ever worked, or just stopped working? if it just stopped working, what changed since the last time it worked?if it has never worked, when is the error? before/after the splash screen? before you choose flight plan, or after....jd

Guest MSMITH6

JD-I am using RC version 3.1 build 3.10.0.2205. Have been using FSUIPC 3.11 but will upgrade to 3.125. AvDisp version 2.1.2.3.Has never worked. Regardless of starting FS2004 first or just trying to open RC, I get this error message:AppName: rcv31.exeAppVer: 3.10.0.2205ModName: kernel32.dllModVer: 5.1.2600.1106Offset: 0001a918I notice that I have both rcv3.exe and rcv31.exe in the RC folder. The folder name itself is rcv30.*************NOTE: JUST TRIED SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!! If I remove the /high switch from the startup command, it works. Did I have this switch properly applied? It was rcv31.exe /high Note the space between the last "e" and the "/". What is the correct way to apply this switch?The rest of this is probably useless now, but just in case.In the error message details it refers to a file. The contents are below:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

if you have that build of 3.1, you shouldn't need any command line switches. i switch thread priority on the fly when i play wavs, and then put them back when the wavs are donei'd take the /high off completelyjd

Guest MSMITH6

JD-Thanks for looking at this.I am having a hard time understanding the controllers, however. It seems that phrases come out well, but it's very stilted when they have to assemble letters.Mike Smith