Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Problem: RC and Control Keys

I have a little problem regarding Radar Contact. I recently started a flight from Heathrow to Johannasburg in the PSS A340. I started the flight fine from Heathrow, flew for about 2 hours, and then saved the flight.When I came back later the reload the flight, it reloaded fine, but all the controls for Radar Contact in the menu had screwed up. I was told to turn left for traffic, and the menu appeard with 7-Acknowledge, but when I pressed 7, my pilot asked the controller to say again, despite the fact that say again has been programmed as CS. This is the same with all the keys. I can't navigate from the first menue, becuase what is displayed in the box is no longer corresponding to what the actual key is.Has anyone else encountered this problem, or am I the first?Any fixes would be appreciated.-Phil Brown

does it happen on all loaded dats? next time this happens, try loading the .dat again, and see what happens

Phil,The problem may not be due to RC. The PSS aircraft do not react too well to reloading from a saved flight. I believe the problem is that none of the gauge data is saved/reloaded, so the aircraft is left in an indeterminate state.Unfortunately I don't think PSS intend to fix this.Ian

Ian Box

I've had the problem with default aircraft. Haven't been able to track down the source.

what is the key sequence your joystick is sending? what are your rc keys defined asjd

Thanks for the replies, but I seem to have the problem sorted. I had Flight Deck Companion active at the time, but didn't reload it on future flights, which I thought might be causing the problem. So I loaded FDC, and RC worked fine. I haven't tested it without FDC to see the results, but while it's working I'm not too fussed.Again, thanks for the help.-Phil B

good job troubleshooting!in the past, with a specific version of flight deck companion, it made a difference which order you loaded fs9, rc, and fdc. i think it was in that order.since then, fdc released an upgrade that fixed the problemjd

I'm not using joystick controls for keys. I use the basic, default RC keys, but with Shift-Ctl, so they don't interfere with FS2K4 selection keys; I've thoroughly checked for conflicts.---Where there's smoke, there's toast.