Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

YPDN landing Rwy question

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,coming from NW to YPDN (Darwin Intl.) RC approach gave me vectors for ILS Rwy 29 (109.70); FS9 YPDN tower told me to fly straigh in Rwy 11 (ILS/BC??? 109.70).FSMeteo v6.4 wind was 60

listening again to fs9 atc?!fs9 atc chooses runways differently.but wyou will be happy to know, in version 4, i will be able to find which runways fs9 is using, and rc will choose those runwaysjd

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

JD,thanks for your reply.I have forgotten to mention about the fact i run FS9 on 2 networked PC's. So....yes i usually listen to FS9 but, only listen :-cool(ambience).What i do not understand is how does FS9 can choose ILS/BC Rwy 11.About v.4 :-jumpy................Is there a release date?ThanksLuigi ;-)

runway selection in fs9 is quite complex, i'll find the text for you if it is important.4 will be release when it is done. as always quality not calendar. with the complexity of what we are trying to do with ai, it will take thousands of test flights, and even more testing.jd

Guest MSMITH6

JD-Could you please explain why RC would pick a runway in this situation which is 130 degrees away from wind direction as reported by weather program?Thanks-Mike Smith

if it is the only runway with an ils, that one will always be picked first. it could have something to do with length and type aircraft.remember, you can always choose a different runwayjd

Guest MSMITH6

Thanks-Does a backcourse count as ILS or because of no glide slope it doesn't?Thanks-Mike SmithGreat Program!

if it has an ils frequency on the runway line in runways.csv, that is all i'm looking for in terms of what runway to choosejd