Sign in to follow this  
Guest zimmerbz

to all Radar Contact Users

Guest zimmerbz

I am thinking of buying Radar Contact. I have searched around and read about it, and want to know what you FS9/PMDG users think of it. I usually fly online, but though it can be very realistic, I find that when no ATC is available and no AI traffic is around, it is very UNrealistic. This is why I want to get Radar Contact. I like the idea of having clearance, ground, departure, center approach ect...for every airport at every flight. What do you guys all think? Does it do what they say it does? Is there a way I can hear sound/ATC voices or sounds before I buy it as well??? Thanks againBrad Zimmer

Guest crabster

I'll let ya know after friday-I'm getting it for my birthday (bless the wife) :)

Hi Brad,Let me start by saying I am very ONE SIDED. First I use the PMDG737NG, but that is NOT where I am one sided.The real deal is that you have to know John DekKer and Doug Thompson, the two guys that started Radar Contact. John is one the brightest people I have known in this business. He is lead programmer for Bell South and just a wiz. But more than that he is one the most honest hard working individuals I have ever worked with and knows his stuff. Next, Doug Thompson is a REAL FAA Flight Controller, you can just about tell you page and verse about anything in FAR manual, and that is hundred of pages. These two guys know more about ATC in the sim world than anyone you will ever know. To top this off, the beta team I am part of is full of pilots (real and virtual), advanced programmers, ex-military aircrew members and a lot more ATC controllers from not just the US, but all over the world.With all that said, this program is far more than anything you will imagine, I think I am qualified to say this since I have been on the beta test team for YEARS. This is real time ATC. Is it perfect, NO, but that is why we are working on version 4 right now. Backing all this up is a great support team headed by Rick Thompson, Doug's brother and the beta team which monitors this forum daily.Bottomline if you want to experience real ATC in MSFS then give Radar Contact a try right now. All the questions you have will be answered and if it does not live up to what you think, this team will do what ever to get it there.I guess you can say, I kinda like this program :-) Go to the web site http://www.jdtllc.com/ and give it a try.Bob Johnson

Guest Skywalker

I absolutely agree! I am very keen on all sorts of FS addons for many years and also tried out many ATC-products. I haven't found any ATC software thats brings almost real ATC life into my sim. Beyond that, RC's support is absolutely fantastic and very gentle! I am a simple RC customer, not a beta-tester, but no doubt, I am ONE SIDED as there is nothing out there to compete with RC by far!Sam

Next to online, RC is the best there is. The 747 has been called the Queen of the sky's. RC is in the same catagory.JimCYWG

Guest Wills402

Ditto to everything said here. I never fly without it. I used to fly online but got really tired of controllers dropping offline just as I was starting my approach or crossing vast amounts of country with no controllers at all. So, anytime I'm sim flying I'm using Radar Contact as my ATC.William

Guest GCrossley

I used to fly on-line but after trying RC3 I very rarely do so now. It's not perfect but then MSFS is far from that but at least the team behind Radar Contact are continually improving it. At least with RC3 every ATC position is manned and with some AI on the scene it can be very realistic. RC4 should make out virtual flying world even better. I guess you could say I am a fan!

Guest Doug Thompson

John, remind me to send Bob a Christmas bonus !